Canada Kicks Ass
Thinking of buying a Wrangler

Previous  1  2

herbie @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:42 pm

What's changed since then is the Jeep's added 80+ HP and hill descent, the XTerra's no longer a body on frame and if you're talking used - the H3's the cheapest of the bunch. Actually thought about them as people look at Hummers like they're The Plague and the prices are WAY down. Seen a couple low mileage 2008 H3s in the $15,000 range.
I service some radio sites, so I claw up some pretty rough stuff but at most need to carry a 3 ft dish and a box of network cable. Roads here are snowy for 6-7 months a year going to work (a whole MILE from where I live) and the rest of the year I just like to see where this Forestry Road or that one goes on the weekends.

andyt @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Wrong, XTerra is same vehicle as always, Pathfinder is the one that's been turned into a CUV.

Robair @ Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 am

herbie herbie:
What's changed since then is the Jeep's added 80+ HP and hill descent, the XTerra's no longer a body on frame and if you're talking used - the H3's the cheapest of the bunch. Actually thought about them as people look at Hummers like they're The Plague and the prices are WAY down. Seen a couple low mileage 2008 H3s in the $15,000 range.
I service some radio sites, so I claw up some pretty rough stuff but at most need to carry a 3 ft dish and a box of network cable. Roads here are snowy for 6-7 months a year going to work (a whole MILE from where I live) and the rest of the year I just like to see where this Forestry Road or that one goes on the weekends.

Well a Jeep might be your answer then, doesn't sound like you do much highway driving at all. They both say the Jeep is a more dedicated off roader while the X is a better all rounder.

herbie @ Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Well I did it. Jeep Wrangler 2 door. Brand new cuz the old 3.8L ones are gutless compared to the newer ones. Got stuck on a test drive behind one of these farmers that can't afford the "optional" gas pedal and said fuckit - make it an automatic tranny.
The FJ and Xterra seemed too cramped (from driver's seat - don't give a shit about the others) and were WAY too much money. If I cared about passenger and cargo space, I would've gone for the Wrangler Unlimited. Roomier and better priced.

martin14 @ Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 am

herbie herbie:
Well I did it. Jeep Wrangler 2 door. Brand new cuz the old 3.8L ones are gutless compared to the newer ones. Got stuck on a test drive behind one of these farmers that can't afford the "optional" gas pedal and said fuckit - make it an automatic tranny.
The FJ and Xterra seemed too cramped (from driver's seat - don't give a shit about the others) and were WAY too much money. If I cared about passenger and cargo space, I would've gone for the Wrangler Unlimited. Roomier and better priced.

congrats Herbie, don't forget to post some pics !

desertdude @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 am

herbie herbie:
Well I did it.

My condolences.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/consumer/I-tea ... 44315.html

stratos @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 am

desertdude desertdude:
herbie herbie:
Well I did it.

My condolences.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/consumer/I-tea ... 44315.html

ROTFL