Canada Kicks Ass
Tannahill and Campbell River Mounties

Milton @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:02 am

Good post Brent. I think our entire society is based on corruption and lies.

Brent Swain @ Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Why has it gone missing? I can't find it.
Brent

sasquatch2 @ Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Elves..........

Kevan Taylor @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Dam elves, should never have let them in the country.

Brent Swain @ Mon May 05, 2008 4:47 pm

I guess I'll have to keep posting it. Are you listening, RCMP censors?
When a family abuse victrim filed a complaint against a mountie named Paul Desbiens for refusing to help her get to a transition house , after which she was again beaten , then allegedly suggested her abuser use a "ballistic " solution on her, ,the RCMP made an attempt to intimidate her into dropping the complaint, then started framing and beating her over many months.
In the framing proccess , Campbell River mountie Wayne Tanahill, who took an active part in the beating and framing proccess, including the beating of her in front of her two children aged 3 and 5 years, told the court that he spent 40 minutes trying to find her lawyer's phone number and there was no listing. I quickly found the phone number in the white pages of the local phone book and was given the same number by directory assistance.I phoned the number and the lawyer, Pat Field , answered.
In subsequently filed a private criminal information agaist Tannahill. They dragged the process out for as long as possible,then told me it was old, then the chief regional prosecutor Bob Gillen told me that he was accepting Tanahill's excuse that he didn't know how to dial directory assistance and ask for the number.
Meanwhile , then attorney general Colin Gabelmann had a copy of the policy manual for charges against police sent to me. It stated that in charges against police, the decision to charge or not to charge was to be made by two regional prosecutors, one on Victoria and one in Vancouver. Gillen refused to send the case to Vancouver. I asked then AG Colin the chickenhearted Gablemann why policy was ignored and he had his assistant deputy minister Earnie Quantz send me his excuse. Quantz said that as he was on holiday at the time , ministry policy didn't apply at that time.To our great embarassment, Quantz is now a judge, passing judgement on the honesty of others? I asked Colin the chickenhearted to insist that policy be followed and he did nothing.
I tried to tell judge Dogherty that he was being lied to, and he shouted me down. He made it clear to me that if the mounties were lying to him , he didn't want to know it.
A friend of AG Colin the chickenhearted told me that he didn't do a tenth of what he could have done to protect civil liberites. He was simply too much a coward to challenge the power of Canada's teflon mafia.
A lady who worked with the RCMP at the time, recently told me that Tanahill was a throwback to the neanderthals, whos IQ didn't quite match his shoe size.
Brent

Brent Swain @ Thu May 08, 2008 4:27 pm

If you want to phone him up and express your opinion on the RCMP's right to lie in court, frame people who file complaints, and beat up single mothers in front of their kids, give him a call. He'd be happy to hear from you

Brent Swain @ Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Bob Gillen,the chief regional prosecutor , who told me that a cop who had worked in the town for 8 years, didn't know how to dial directory assistance and ask for a number, or how to find a phone number in the phone book, is now one step away from being made a judge , to pass judgement on the honesty of others. One will be required to address him as "Your Honour."
Altho I don't believe anyone should be allowed to lie in court, statements made under duress are of no legal effect. When one is facing a judge, the requirement that you address him as "Your honour" is definitely a statement made under duress, and coercion. So, in that case, I guess one is allowed to lie in court, such as reffering to someone totally unworthy of the title as "Your Honour."
One could invoke Mendamus, the right to be heard, and ask that, given a judges track record of staunchly supporting the right of police to lie in court, they should withdraw from hearing any case in which the credibility of police is an issue, to avoid the threat of bringing the administration of justice into serious disrepute, with "Due respect"( while not saying anything about how much respect is really due).
Ditto Judge Earnie Quantz,another staunch defender of the right of police to lie in court.