Canada Kicks Ass
Anyone for Battlefield 2 tonight?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Bacardi4206 @ Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 am

Let me guess, another WW2 Shooter? Like Call of Duty hasn't done enough of those. BF2 is great game-play with huge maps and huge number of players. First game to include a advanced squad system in the game with good VOIP options along with the fact you can drive tanks, APC's, vehicles, transport choppers, attack choppers, jets, boats. Anything.

Call of Duty 2 is just running around a small map, gernade spamming spawns. Mostly reminds me of Team Fortress style of game-play.

Regina @ Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:15 am

I do like the genre as apposed to BF2 but playing online gives you a huge array of maps and mods that make it a totally different experience every game. Maps that are big make the playing experience poor if there are only a few playing. A smaller map encourage constant contact with the opposing players and keeps the game pace fast. One of the part I didn’t like with the BF series of games was the vehicle driving. The controls are poor since they are not vehicle sims and are FPS. Flying planes with a mouse and keyboard sucks and pretty much ends up burning in the ground by the time you get a handle on the controls. Nearly all the servers are using custom maps and have a huge choice of weapons to choose from. I find the sniper servers are great fun especially using Team Speak or the battle chatter.

Bacardi4206 @ Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 pm

I did like the Zombie Mods for Call of Duty 2, they were quite fun but never will beat BF2 mods in my opinion. You ever tried Project Reality for BF2? Best thing I have ever played.

However, on all BF2 maps I have never had trouble getting into a fire-fight fast. Infact, it's impossible not to. The ability of vehicles gives you that fast combat experience, expecially if you are flying a jet and have to manage to dog fight another enemy jet. Those are fun, and fast. It's bloody hard to shack them off if they ever manage to get on your tail. It's also hard to shoot one down because of the constant reloads of flairs with the guidance missles. The MG is the most fun.

Call of Duty 2 is the same old thing all the time, which is why I got bored of it. The maps where always crampt, and I always got gernade spammed when I spawned. It was in the game. The game is full of those weanies that constantly jump up and down, slide and do all those crazy wierd un-realistic movements to avoide being fired on.

The most I like about Call of Duty 2 is the name options, they are infinate and can change them to anything plus colour codes. BF2 naming sucks ass, expecially with clan tags.

However you can't blame the game just because you can't fly or drive worth a shit :P
I can fly great, and drive good. Not as good as the pro's, but above average anyways. I can teach you how to fly a attack chopper if you want? Somebody from a past clan of mine taught me how to use one. We always hopped on servers and got into a attack chopper and did some constant strafing runs.

Regina @ Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm

There should be spawn protection on the server so the spawn kills don’t happen. All the servers I’ve played boot guys that spawn kill anyway. On our server you can’t even trip wire a spawn point. Jumping isn’t allowed and there should also be a half second weapon disarmament for the guys that drop prone as well. I’ve never found any of the maps cramped either. If anything they were too big and there isn’t enough action. Some of the custom maps my clan has done are great, with lots of twists. I didn’t find the graphics all that great on BF2 either nor it’s cousin BF1942. I have COD4 but don’t play it much and never play online although it seems to be quite popular. As far as flying goes I have 6 or 7 flight sims that do a better job so maybe my expectations of BF2 in that regards is a bit high. For the most part it’s the guys you play with that make it fun.

Bacardi4206 @ Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Regina Regina:
There should be spawn protection on the server so the spawn kills don’t happen. All the servers I’ve played boot guys that spawn kill anyway. On our server you can’t even trip wire a spawn point. Jumping isn’t allowed and there should also be a half second weapon disarmament for the guys that drop prone as well. I’ve never found any of the maps cramped either. If anything they were too big and there isn’t enough action. Some of the custom maps my clan has done are great, with lots of twists. I didn’t find the graphics all that great on BF2 either nor it’s cousin BF1942. I have COD4 but don’t play it much and never play online although it seems to be quite popular. As far as flying goes I have 6 or 7 flight sims that do a better job so maybe my expectations of BF2 in that regards is a bit high. For the most part it’s the guys you play with that make it fun.

Flying sims that allows you to blow shit up? Because the games allows you to blow up tanks, apc's, pretty much all vehicles inlcuding bridges (If you have good aim).

Along with having to dodge all AA weapons, and doing strafing runs to kill infantry. BF2 graphics however are better than Call of Duty 2's. You just need to have a good graphics card to put it on the high settings.

I suppose though, everybody has a different type of style for games. Mine just happens to be BF2.

Regina @ Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Flying sims that allows you to blow shit up? Because the games allows you to blow up tanks, apc's, pretty much all vehicles inlcuding bridges (If you have good aim).

Along with having to dodge all AA weapons, and doing strafing runs to kill infantry. BF2 graphics however are better than Call of Duty 2's. You just need to have a good graphics card to put it on the high settings.

I suppose though, everybody has a different type of style for games. Mine just happens to be BF2.

Oh hell yeah !! :D ALl of the combat flight sims I have let you blow shit up. Everything from ships to bridges or tanks to infantry.
I have a good gaming rig with lots of speed so anything with good graphics is no problem. Ever play BF1942? Historically that game was brutal! :lol:

BartSimpson @ Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Time to resurrect this thread!

Does CKA still have a BF2 server and Teamspeak? I plan on being on tomorrow night and it'd be nice to play for Canada!

coaster_dot @ Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Sounds fun...I may have to pick it up sometime soon :D

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Anybody know if BF2 is windows 7 compatible? I'm planning on upgrading from XP but am a little leary about what games will run on Windows 7 since their compatability program doesn't have dick all on it yet.

BartSimpson @ Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Anybody know if BF2 is windows 7 compatible? I'm planning on upgrading from XP but am a little leary about what games will run on Windows 7 since their compatability program doesn't have dick all on it yet.

If you run W7 in 32-bit mode it is reportedly just fine with any 32-bit program. But if you run it in 64-bit mode the 32-bit shell can be a bit tricky. Where EA is a Microsoft-signed game manufacturer I'm reasonably certain BF2 should be fine on W7 and I'm planning on a new game machine after Christmas to run the two together.

Canadaka @ Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:00 pm

I have run 64bit windows since XP x64 edition came out, and I'm running Windows 7 64bit version right now and BF2 works fine.

the CKA clan doens't have a BF2 server anymore, but we still have Teamspeak

Regina @ Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I have run 64bit windows since XP x64 edition came out, and I'm running Windows 7 64bit version right now and BF2 works fine.

the CKA clan doens't have a BF2 server anymore, but we still have Teamspeak

Play COD5 with =CKA=TICKEDOFF, one of your clan the other night. Asked him "in game" if he was Canada Kick Ass but I think he missed it.

Canadaka @ Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:48 pm

yup he is

BartSimpson @ Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Sweet - I'm (MA) LongTrang1 and I'm on the Nunya Taraba quarry map right now - feel free to say hi. Or kill me. Whatever. :D

Canadaka @ Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:37 am

Me and 3 other =CKA= members were playing some BF2 tonight. Its best to use Xfire to see when others are playing and where. My Xfire ID is Canadaka

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next