Canada Kicks Ass
Battlefield 3

SprCForr @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Damn.

Game Informer article

When can I pre-order?

:lol:

Tman1 @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 am

How would this be different than bad company 2? I don't want to buy bad company 2 now and then the next year have that. Last battlefield game I played was 2142 and I had a crappy computer. Now I have a good one.

canuckns @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:27 am

I've been in the closed beta for a couple months now.

SprCForr @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 am

How's it look? Can you grab a couple of screenies?

From what I understand it's being touted as BC2++ with the ability to destroy the environment further than Destruction 2.0.

canuckns @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:20 pm

I'll grab some SS's tonight.

It looks pretty. Graphics have been greatly updated.

They are using a skill point system to unlock certain abilities. As an example when I jumped into a tank I was not able to use the coax mg as I had not learned that skill, same for the TOW on the IFVs. You also have to have the pilot skill unlocked to fly.

You get one kit intially. You need to earn credits in game yo unlock better weapons for that kit as well as other kit slots (assualt, medic, engineer, sniper).

There are only 2 maps right now Strike at Karkand and Oman.

Canadaka @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:07 pm

canuckns canuckns:
I'll grab some SS's tonight.

It looks pretty. Graphics have been greatly updated.

They are using a skill point system to unlock certain abilities. As an example when I jumped into a tank I was not able to use the coax mg as I had not learned that skill, same for the TOW on the IFVs. You also have to have the pilot skill unlocked to fly.

You get one kit intially. You need to earn credits in game yo unlock better weapons for that kit as well as other kit slots (assualt, medic, engineer, sniper).

There are only 2 maps right now Strike at Karkand and Oman.

ummm that is NOT BF3, Battlefield play4free is totally different and... CRAP!
I also have beta access to play4free, its a shitty free version of BF2, its horrible!

As for BF3 here is some info

teaser trailer: http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/bf3-teaser

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... r-now.aspx

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

BartSimpson @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm starting on BC2 right now and it's pretty cool. The physics for the bullets and cannon rounds are pretty good and more realistic than in BF2 and the destructible environoment is outstanding. Why they didn't include a prone position eludes me because it pretty much ruins the sniper experience. Maybe that will come in a patch someday.

One thing I do like about BC2 is that the helicopters are a lot more fragile and that equalizes things when dealing with those annoying chopper whores who just love to spawn kill.

One thing I most definitely do NOT like is that it's far too easy to detect the enemy what with the little red triangles conveniently popping up all the time.

Oh, yes, the best sniper perch is on top of one of the giant windmills. :D

Not even the chopper whores expect you to be there and it's a pretty safe place. Jump from a helicopter to get on one of them and just be sure to approach from the side facing away from the blades and then land on the generator housing.

SprCForr @ Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:46 am

The windmills are death traps because the heli's give it away dropping like that. You need to practice bailing and hitting the 'chute at the last minute to end up on it. HALO if you will.

I watched a couple of SiN guys do a cool drop onto Charlie on Heavy Metal. The hel came in real low and fast and those guys were "thrown" in. They hit their chutes at the last second. It was LAPES with a helicopter. Then I killed them so they could try again.

The triangles are meant to make up for the lack of comms between the squads. Once you play a bit you'll relaize that prone isn't needed at all, work the angles lol.

canuckns @ Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 am

BartSimpson @ Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:23 am

Suh-weet! [B-o]