Canada Kicks Ass
CoD2 Modern warfare

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:49 am

Anyone playing this online? It's a bit of a bitch to find a game where others are of a similar level if you're just starting out.

Regina @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:05 am

I assume you mean COD6 Modern Warfare. I have it but don't like it and have only played online for a few hours. I prefer COD5 which is a WWII based genre and usually play one or two hours a night.
There are a few here that play COD6 MW and there's a Clan CKA server for playing.
http://clan.canadaka.ca/

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:19 am

it says CoD2 Modern Warfare on the box. Makarov causes a war to breakout between the US and Russia....set 5 yrs after CoD 4. Price is rescued from a Gulag. is that the same?

Regina @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 am

This one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Du ... _Warfare_2

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:49 am

yeah...that's the one.shows you how much of a gamer I am

Regina @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:26 am

:lol: Got to start somewhere.

I have that one but don't play it either. I play the PC versions but I think I also have that one for my PS3, which I never game on. Think it's the genre I don't care for because I haven't really like any of them except for COD2 and COD5. I've played them all through in the single player mode but online very little except the WWII versions. Look for a "Tactical" server, they are more about stealth and skill rather than run and gun nuclear war.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Anyone playing this online? It's a bit of a bitch to find a game where others are of a similar level if you're just starting out.

The big bitch about MW2 was that there were no cenral servers for it. A bunch of PCs connected together, and they all decided through some fancy algorithm which PC would be 'Server'. It usually picked the worst PC for the job, so you experience lag like no other game before. Part of the algorithm used to decide that PCs in North America got priority on being server, so if you were in Russia or Australia, it sucks to be you.

=CKA=ers were never big into Modern Warfare 2. A few of us played it, like every night for months. But Black Ops has us invloved right now, but sometimes we revert to Modern Warfare, or Modern Warfare 2, just for something different.

The single player mission though I thought was fun. And the 'skills' competition. ;)

Chagrin @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:06 am

Stick with the FAMAS for awhile. It's a one hit kill at most ranges but all bullets have to connect, and burst fire weapons tend to do poorly on bad connections, so hopefully you have a good one.

Use Sleight of Hand or Scavenger as Tier 1, Stopping Power as Tier 2 (as you'll be gimped against everyone else if you don't) and whatever Tier 3 perk after. I usually run Steady Aim just in case some jackass gets in my face.

Switch to SCAR when you get it or TAR 21= you win the game.

Canadian_Mind @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 am

MW2 is my absolute fav of the series. I'm that idiot that unlocks all the perks for the RPK until he can get an M-240. Then the fun starts... :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Chagrin Chagrin:

Stick with the FAMAS for awhile. It's a one hit kill at most ranges but all bullets have to connect, and burst fire weapons tend to do poorly on bad connections, so hopefully you have a good one.

Use Sleight of Hand or Scavenger as Tier 1, Stopping Power as Tier 2 (as you'll be gimped against everyone else if you don't) and whatever Tier 3 perk after. I usually run Steady Aim just in case some jackass gets in my face.

Switch to SCAR when you get it or TAR 21= you win the game.

8O Your words frighten and confuse me. I started gaming when Doom was played on SNES....which I still have.

BartSimpson @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:39 pm

8O Your words frighten and confuse me. I started gaming when Doom was played on SNES....which I still have.

I still own DooM on floppy disks in v1.0 with the v1.1 patch on an additional floppy. :wink:

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out Leisure Suit Larry for the PC. :lol:

But to be honest I'm still playing BF2 and am waiting with bated breath for BF3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare, COD MW 2 and Black Ops single player was OK but the small sizes of maps in all of them kinda left me cold.

Praxius @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm

I just recently picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Steam Sale for like $9.... there's a lot of people in that game that trash CoD, but now that EA had a sissy slap fight with Steam and pulled their up-coming Battlefield 3 and putting it on their "Origin" system (rival to Steam) more Steam users are looking at MW2.

I also picked up Left 4 Dead 2 this past week.... which sucks in Australia as they censored the game, took out the infected police characters because it "Promotes violence against peace officers" took out 90% of the gore, very little blood and the bodies basically fade away before they hit the ground. From what I heard, When players blow up & get gibbed in Team Fortress 2, rather than body parts and blood everywhere, they're replaced by rubber ducks and presents or something stupid.

None of my other games are like that though, as I purchased them while in Canada and thus, I'm still provided the North American versions, including my TF2, thank Jebus. But here in Australia, I guess they're close to finally passing a bill that introduces an M18+ rating system.... I guess for the longest time the government felt that since they were "Video Games" only children played them, thus shouldn't have violent video games available for purchase.

Which is dumb, since the average game player these days is around 35 or 37 years of age, ie: Adults.

Oh.... but no, I don't play MW2. :wink:

Proculation @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Beware ! Anders Breivik was playing Modern Warfare 2 (and also the violent World of Warcraft) and according to some 'psychologists', that's what triggered him to kill kids !

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Just like DnD and Heavy metal were responsible for so many past evils. The games don't make you evil or crazy, that's a prexisting software/hardware flaw in the brain