Canada Kicks Ass
Spam Prices

suhan @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Brenda @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Spam, spam, spam, spam..

One has cash, the other gold, but we have spam...

BartSimpson @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 pm

[quote="suhan"]For decades, jewelers have had enjoyed the position of being the keepers of the knowledge about diamonds and gemstones. They stood behind jewelry counters and shared little tidbits of information about jewels to shoppers. The jeweler seemed to be talking down to the shopper, making them feel as if they should be grateful to even be in the store or touch the precious gems in the display case.

This monopoly of knowledge went hand in hand with the monopoly of supply. The only way you could purchase a diamond or precious gemstone was to buy in a jewelry store. The prices were artificially high with markups of 100% to 300% of wholesale costs. The factors that differentiated stores included the ornate decorations, the fancy display cases, and elaborate storefronts. Life was simple and very profitable for the jeweler. The shopper came in, the jeweler said this is what you should buy, and the shopper paid the price because they had no other options. Can you recall any poor jewelers before the millennium change in the year 2000?
===================================================================================

**Mod edit**

Sounds like a lightly veiled Jewish conspiracy post. :roll:

The_Doctor @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Is Glenn Beck promoting his Gold scheme again?

BartSimpson @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:06 pm

The_Doctor The_Doctor:
Is Glenn Beck promoting his Gold scheme again?

Michael Savage shills for some gold outfit, too. Part of why I can't bring myself to listen to those guys even if I may agree with some of what they say.

Public_Domain @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm guessing this is some single robot with the ability to switch proxies.

In this day and age I don't even know how spamming could be profitable.

But there's a lot of people on the internet out there who don't even know what a browser is, so maybe.

But common sense cuts through it like a hot knife in butter.

Dragom @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Spam brings in customers and makes money. If it didn't work, no one would do it.

PS: I am overly wealthy and must give away my billions of dollars, PLS send me any amount of money and I will send you back twice as much.

Public_Domain @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Yes, I just don't know who could fall for that, :P

Dragom @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Yes, I just don't know who could fall for that, :P

Stupid people for the most part.

Public_Domain @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 pm

A smart person would have to get reevaluated.

The_Doctor @ Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Since the topic has been changed. How is the Spam prices these days? I've seen Ramen go from 10 cents a bag too 25 cents. How high did SPAM go?