Canada Kicks Ass
Blue's Jazz Lounge

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Ripcat @ Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:53 pm

Go ahead BluesBud! BN can kick you off if he shows up. I'd dj but I'm off to work now.

BluesBud @ Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:53 pm

I don't hear any complants. I will keep the airwaves warm. If Bluenose bumps I will hand it back to his very capable hands.

Blue_Nose @ Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:52 pm

Sory Bluesbud, too much on the go here to sit down and prepare a show.. I don't want to just play random stuff, but make some suggestions for future shows, and I'll see what I can do.

No guarantees, though, since I'm indefinately swamped.

BluesBud @ Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Bump!

gstang23 @ Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:58 pm

R=UP :rock:

[trumpet]

You rock sir!

I have to say we have some awesome DJ's. For something new, it is extremly polished. And the selections are great! From the Irish Stew, to the Blues. And everything in between. You guys deserve applause.
(I must be tired. I swore I spelled apple sauce there for a sec)

BluesBud @ Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:05 pm

Thanx gstang23 I only wish I was as smooth this aft on my blues show. I guess I am getting better. Applause or apple sauce both are good!

gstang23 @ Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:30 pm

Heh. Wish I could listen at work. Think the fire wall blocks streaming sound though.

Oh and this last song, Born to be blue by Grant Green....Nice. Thats the song that will be playing when I go up to Canada and meet my girl. Ill be making dinner, and when she walks in from work. That will be playing. :wink:

fatbasturd @ Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:39 pm

Can ya run that song again I just tuned in ...and like the gent said you all do a kick ass job at dj .....I am starting to rebuild my collection and when I have enough you will be hearing classic rock from the fucked canuck him self.

BluesBud @ Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:02 pm

Thats all for me tonight gang. GN!

Blue_Nose @ Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:40 pm

Okay, so despite being in the middle of exam studying, I can probably multitask and fit something of a show in tonight, if people are going to listen. let me know of your recommendations (genres, eras, etc), and I'll whip something up...

Blue_Nose @ Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:49 pm

Think the jazz lounge is coming back sometime this week...

This week's theme is Groove Jazz.... basically anything that gets that head bopping and toes tapping - Acid Jazz, Fusion, Jams, Funk, it'll be groovy, for sure.
So I'm basically looking for a good time when people will listen to it. I'll be actually spending some time putting this show together, so it's not worth my time playing for nobody, or one person. Evenings will be preferred, but it's a completely democratic decision.

Blue_Nose @ Wed May 03, 2006 12:15 pm

Wll, I'm playing the show now (see above), and it'll likely get played a few times for those who miss it this afternoon... Might be a little early in the day for this kind of stuff, but I'm going for it anyway.

Spotlight on:
:arrow: Medeski, Martin, and Wood - also known (to me, anyway) as Gods of Groove
:arrow: Addison Groove Project - one I only recently came across

Also: John Scofield, Philadelphia Experiment, Metalwood, Soulive, Kullrusk... too hot.

The link at the top of the site's not working, but here's the Radio Page

Or else type http://radio.canadaka.net:8000 into your Windows Media Player...

Blue_Nose @ Thu May 04, 2006 5:55 pm

Another Groove show... oh yeah. (see above)

Blue_Nose @ Thu May 04, 2006 7:57 pm

Who's listening right now? I can never tell... thanks, whoever you are!

The Kullrusk one is a bit weird... it scared my listener off last time I plasyed it, but it straightens out a bit after a while.

Tman1 @ Thu May 04, 2006 8:04 pm

I am....good stuff.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next