Canada Kicks Ass
It's time to ditch Kaspersky

BartSimpson @ Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Shitzapoppen with Kaspersky! [popcorn]

http://www.zdnet.com/article/remote-cod ... -software/

$1:
Remote code execution flaws exposed in Kaspersky Server software

Core Security's advisory reveals a number of dangerous vulnerabilities in the antivirus server solution.

And...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-kasp ... SKBN19J2IX

$1:
FBI questions U.S. employees of Russian cyber firm Kaspersky Lab

The Russian government is just as bad as the US government and can't keep their shithooks off of everyone's software! :roll:

Thanos @ Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Gave up on all outside virus protection a long time ago. Found other free programs that do the job just as well. Don't need something like Norton or McAfee or Kaspersky that does nothing but slow down even a powerful computer with it's non-stop sweeps and warnings about nothing.

xerxes @ Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Same here. So many of the established names in pc security like McAfee or Norton are just about as burdensome to use as the malware they're supposed to block.

herbie @ Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Haven't used it for 5 or so years, but I did run Kasperski on the whole office for three years w no problems. Caught a few things, and came with a rescue disk handy on customer machines.

$1:
So many of the established names in pc security like McAfee or Norton

Goes for some established names in the computer business as a whole. HP, Dell....

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:07 am

Ditched Kaspersky a while ago. I used to run it on all my PCs. During that whole 'Get Windows 10' debacle, Kaspersky kept doing intrusive pop ups, sometimes a couple times an hour, usually while I was gaming or watching Netflix.

It got so bad, between Microsoft and Kaspersky, I was livid and uninstalled it when the license came up for renewal. They can both go piss up a rope.

And I'd rather be homosexual than install McAfee or Intel Security.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:35 am

McAfee and Intel Security these days are the very same thing ever since Intel bought McAfee.

Intel's so effin' lazy about it that a bunch of the reg keys for Intel Security still say 'McAfee' on them. :roll:

DrCaleb @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:03 am

Kaspersky Lab Has Been Working With Russian Intelligence

BeaverFever @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 am

My laptop has the free version of Avast! anti-malware. It seems to work well with most of the features available in the free version. Anyone know if that is a good program?

BartSimpson @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:50 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Kaspersky Lab Has Been Working With Russian Intelligence

The more you learn about Kaspersky the more it starts to look like a public facing arm of the KGB.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:24 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
My laptop has the free version of Avast! anti-malware. It seems to work well with most of the features available in the free version. Anyone know if that is a good program?

I've never heard bad things about it, although I've never used it. I'm fine with Microsofts' free products, on machines that need an AV product.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The more you learn about Kaspersky the more it starts to look like a public facing arm of the KGB.

It's too bad too, because the product worked pretty well. I had a 5 machine license for many years. Then they had to go and do those pop up ads while I was gaming . . . :evil:

herbie @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:03 am

Avast free is what I've installed for people who simply insist on an antivirus. One of the better ones. I have the browser cleaner feature separate on my work USB toolkit.

Like all the 3rd party ones you deal with popups, pesters to buy, slowdowns. Tried it on my i5 laptop and it more than tripled the boot time from SSD. Adds a minute on a regular HD.

I'm a snob like Dr. Caleb. If you NEED another antivirus program, YOU'RE the problem not the viruses.