Canada Kicks Ass
New Firefox is out - excellent!

Previous  1  2

Hyack @ Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:24 pm

The change over from Chrome was easy enough, just feeling my way around trying to get all my setting right. So far I like it.

DrCaleb @ Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 am

One of the features that's been around for a while, and is more prominent in FF#57, I am really digging.

Another Tor Browser Feature Makes It Into Firefox: First-Party Isolation

$1:
What is First-Party Isolation

FPI works by separating cookies on a per-domain basis. This is important because most online advertisers drop a cookie on the user's computer for each site the user visits and the advertisers loads an ad.

With FPI enabled, the ad tracker won't be able to see all the cookies it dropped on that user's PC, but only the cookie created for the domain the user is currently viewing.

This will force the ad tracker to create a new user profile for each site the user visits and the advertiser won't be able to aggregate these cookies and the user's browsing history into one big fat profile.
Feature borrowed from the Tor Browser

This feature was first implemented in the Tor Browser, a privacy-focused fork of the Firefox browser managed by the Tor Project, where it is known as Cross-Origin Identifier Unlinkability.

FPI was added to Firefox as part of the Tor Uplift project, an initiative to bolster the Firefox codebase with some of the Tor Browser's unique privacy-focused features.

This is the third feature that has made it into the Firefox via the Tor Uplift project. Previously, Mozilla has added a mechanism to Firefox 52 that prevents websites from fingerprinting users via system fonts, and Firefox will also soon block websites from fingerprinting users via HTML5 canvas elements. This latter feature is scheduled for Firefox 58, to be released in mid-January 2018.
How to enable FPI

FPI support was added in Firefox 55, but very few users know about it because it was not included in the official release notes. Users had to dig long and hard to know that FPI even existed.

The feature is not enabled by default, as it's known to cause some login persistence problems. To enable it users have two options.

The first is to use a dedicated Firefox add-on. The add-on's name is "First Party Isolation," and once you install it, it immediately turns on FPI and adds a fishbowl icon on the Firefox UI.

Users can press this button to temporarily disable FPI (for five minutes). If users want to disable FPI for good, they can either disable or remove the add-on.

And another extension I'd recommend; AntiMiner!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... inerblock/

BRAH @ Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 am

Firefox isn't available for the Chromebook while on the Macbook and Laptop it's fast.

Matlow @ Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 am

herbie herbie:

As for Bookmark folders, if you hit the |||\ they aren't there, but I added the direct bookmark icon (underlined star) to the menu, mine are in there.

Thanks Herbie, took me a bit to figure out I needed to find the underlined star thing.

They are all back now.

Cheers Dave

herbie @ Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Updated NoScript 10.1.2 is available for download today
@ noscript.net/getit

DrCaleb @ Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:03 am

herbie herbie:
Updated NoScript 10.1.2 is available for download today
@ noscript.net/getit

My FF57 installs automatically updated it yesterday. :)

herbie @ Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 am

Yeah, mine had already done it by the time I got the notice. Just had to turn it on.

Previous  1  2