Canada Kicks Ass
Windows Help!

drunken_prop @ Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:27 am

Heres a Techy question? Does anyone know how to Install Windows 2K over Windows XP, I know its kinda silly but is there a way?????

thirdEye @ Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:09 am

I'm not sure why you would want to, but I wouldn't install it over top. I would format the drive and start from scratch.

Evan @ Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:25 am

Its called a dual boot. all you have to do is start the install for 2000 and when it askes for the folder just let it install in c:/winnt xp is installed on c:/windows so it shouldnt interfere. when its all done hopefully you will get a screen asking if you want to run xp or 2000. I havent done it with xp or 2000 but I have done it with 2000 and 98 and xp and linux redhat. Worked no problem.
you might want to try doing more research as it may just make it so you cant boot into xp anymore. worth a try though. just make sure you backup everything. :)

drunken_prop @ Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:04 pm

Thanks guys. Its not something I would do? But I work for a call center and get customer asking the wiredest things. SO I figure what the hey I put it and see what had to be said. Thanks again.

DaFfY @ Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:02 am

What a LOSER !

DaFfY @ Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:01 pm

:!: talk about picky !!!! .....is that all you can find ? ... to take the time after wasting everyone else's because you work in a call centre to get their response for fun... ??? You got too much time on your hands. Just to think we live in the same city.... you sound like you work for Selectron !!! You are a LOSER !!!!..

****Thanks guys. Its not something I would do? But I work for a call center and get customer asking the wiredest things. SO I figure what the hey I put it and see what had to be said. Thanks again.******