Canada Kicks Ass
Welcome to the Conservative Party

Previous  1  2

Bodah @ Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:49 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Bodah Bodah:
communism

com·mu·nism
1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.
2. (often initial capital letter) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.
3. (initial capital letter) the principles and practices of the Communist party.
4. communalism.

Great argument, that, posting a definition of something highly inflammatory that doesn't even fit. I never said that the federal goverment should seize ownership of everyone's property or even just the oil sands. I'm just saying that it was pure luck that endowed Alberta with the wealth that its got and that the revenue it generates should be shared, via taxes and transfer payments, among the other provinces as well, so that they might still be able to function while they get their economies back into shape.

What you call luck I call entitlement. People of Alberta should profit and profit well from their hard work.

What happened to being rewarded for being succesfull ? What you see as sharing others may see as penalizing for being succesfull, why bother. With that attittude whats the point of working hard and striving for success when you dont have too because in the end we can rely on others to do it for us, sounds like a recipe for generations of lazy bastards too me.

And why should they share ? To help the have not provinces ? Maybe we should try a different tactic instead of always pouring more money into provinces that for decades are still labeled as a have not province. Maybe its time to send a message its time for these people to get off their collective assess and put a little elbow grease into their day to day activites and become creative and support themselves so the rest of us dont have to.

I live in a have not province, and Im one thats pulling my weight, working full time and paying taxes so that a good poriton of totally working abled people can sit on their asses all day and do fuck all while I'm out their working so they can stuff their faces.

Whats so wrong and unhealthy about sending out that message ?

Besides what I said and what your saying is the same thing, your just sugar coating it and using semantics. The NDP ideology IMO is still a form of Luny left wing communism. Eat the rich and all of that shit.

And according to forum rules in this section , your not supposed to go against the flow or start a debate here .... So please feel free to leave the theatre at anytime.

hurley_108 @ Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:12 pm

Bodah Bodah:
And according to forum rules in this section , your not supposed to go against the flow or start a debate here.

I apologise for that. I see that rule now, and I will heed it.

Bodah @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:16 pm

^
no problem.

TheFoundersIntent @ Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:49 pm

The truth says it all....

Tory_canuck @ Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:37 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
hwacker hwacker:
Jack is that you ?

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Bodah Bodah:
communism

com·mu·nism
1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.
2. (often initial capital letter) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.
3. (initial capital letter) the principles and practices of the Communist party.
4. communalism.

Great argument, that, posting a definition of something highly inflammatory that doesn't even fit. I never said that the federal goverment should seize ownership of everyone's property or even just the oil sands. I'm just saying that it was pure luck that endowed Alberta with the wealth that its got and that the revenue it generates should be shared, via taxes and transfer payments, among the other provinces as well, so that they might still be able to function while they get their economies back into shape.

Luck is also part of capitalism, but another thing is that pple must learn to work with what they have to prosper.Alberta got lucky and used the situation to it's advantage.AB is still looking for workers, but many pple down east don't want to go where the work is, they have this defeatist attitude of gimme gimme..
Part of the free market economy is that if you are successful fine, but if you are down on your luck, well.....tough tiity said the cow to the Kitty, but the milk's all gone......

Financial assistance should be given to the disabled and injured, NOT the lazy and those unwilling to accept the fact that they need to move where the money is.

The original story about the college girl is a good way of telling how it is.Pple get what the deserve.INPUT=OUTPUT

CanadianJeff @ Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:00 pm

A good story.

If everyone were born equal and started off on the same playing field I would call it a great fantastic idea.

However some people are born rich and are given everything in life including an education and everything else.

Some of us struggle just to pay the bills never mind pay the 50 000 dollars or so to go to school for 4 years. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when i calculated how much it would cost me.

:p

However that being said by working hard the Military will allow me to go get my degree and give me a job and a roof over my head while I do so and for that I am eternally thankful.

It's a good argument that working hard deserves reward but let's not forget to help out the poor man and give him a chance while were at it hey. :P

Previous  1  2