‘About damn time’: First Nation gets clean water after 24-ye

Newsbot @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:59 am

Title: ‘About damn time’: First Nation gets clean water after 24-year wait
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2021-09-17 05:56:16
Canadian

Strutz @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:59 am

It's about time for these folks and perhaps someday more communities will be able to celebrate getting access to clean water. This is a basic need that most of us take for granted as we have always had it.

I get it that it is an expensive project (in this case $33M) but considering the pissing away of at least $600M on this election we don't even freaking need to be having that would mean 18 more communities could potentially have clean water too.

I know it doesn't work that way but think of it in that perspective.

DrCaleb @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:02 pm

The problem with this community, like many of the ones yet to be finished, it there are no roads in. You need roads for the heavy trucks that bring in the parts needed for a water treatment plant.

So before they got the new water plant, they needed the roads.

housewife @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 pm

But it’s hopefully to others. There are still too many places that don’t have running water or clean water.

Scape @ Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:05 am

Data from the federal government show there are still 51 long-term drinking water advisories in 32 communities. A total of 109 advisories have been lifted since November 2015.

https://www.sac-isc.gc.ca/eng/150651414 ... 3317130660

Most in 2018. 1.3% is now in the design phase the rest are in the pipe.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 am

Strutz Strutz:
I get it that it is an expensive project (in this case $33M) but considering the pissing away of at least $600M on this election we don't even freaking need to be having that would mean 18 more communities could potentially have clean water too.

R=UP

-J.

JaredMilne @ Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:19 pm

Strutz Strutz:
It's about time for these folks and perhaps someday more communities will be able to celebrate getting access to clean water. This is a basic need that most of us take for granted as we have always had it.

I know it doesn't work that way but think of it in that perspective.

A. Fucking. Men.

R=UP