1  2  3  4  5 ... 19  Next

Newsbot @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Title: B.C. MP calls for legalization of marijuana
Category: Political
Posted By: Robair
Date: 2009-04-02 12:13:39
Canadian

ridenrain @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:46 pm

What's Iggy say about this? Layton had his fall out with the Pot Party. is it the Liberals turn now?

raydan @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Something else I can grow in my garden.

We had Datura growing in the garden a couple of years back.
Never had the guts to try it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura

Robair @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Economic stimulus plan. Less money required to enforce drug laws, then generate income from taxing the stuff.

stokes @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 pm

I've always liked Keith Martin....too bad he jumped ship...he had the potential to be the next leader of the party.

DerbyX @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:22 pm

$1:
He said the bill aims to break the ties between the simple marijuana user and organized crime elements.

This would be achieved, Martin said, by eliminating demand for the product and undermining the financial underpinnings of organized crime in Canada.

Goodness me. Where have I heard those words of wisdom before?

poquas @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:34 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
$1:
He said the bill aims to break the ties between the simple marijuana user and organized crime elements.

This would be achieved, Martin said, by eliminating demand for the product and undermining the financial underpinnings of organized crime in Canada.

Goodness me. Where have I heard those words of wisdom before?

Hardly words of wisdom. Every yahoo wanting to decriminalize drugs says the same thing. The war on drugs doesn’t work so we may as well give up and tax it to take it out of organized crime’s hands.

First I think we’re losing the war on bad drivers. I think we should eliminate the rules of the road because it’s too difficult to collect the fines.

Second I’m certain the organized crime groups will always produce more TAX FREE goods and be competing with the government for all the new addicts who will be attracted to the government approved drugs.

Martin has been imbibing in too much of his own decriminalized stuff.

DerbyX @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:37 pm

There isn't a war on bad drivers. People are legally allowed to drive unless they prove themselves incapable of doing so and judging by the sheer volume of DUIs getting away with it, it seems even our legal system doesn't recognize the war.

In addition those "yahoos" are experts in their field. The calls to legalize just as often come from the cops, lawyers, and judges who deal with it as much as the freedom loving hippies.

Robair @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:43 pm

poquas poquas:
Second I’m certain the organized crime groups will always produce more TAX FREE goods and be competing with the government for all the new addicts who will be attracted to the government approved drugs.
Prohibition is over, why isn't organized crime still making a killing south of the border selling tax free booze?

Mary Jane is not addictive.

The only logical reason I've heard for keeping BC bud illegal, is there is no test for high drivers. If they figure out how to check drivers for THC blood levels I'm all for legalizing and taxing the stuff.

mtbr @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:44 pm

yeah man we need more legal drugs..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090401/ap_ ... r_patients

9 patients made nearly 2,700 ER visits in Texas

Eight of the nine patients have drug abuse problems..

poquas @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:45 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
In addition those "yahoos" are experts in their field. The calls to legalize just as often come from the cops, lawyers, and judges who deal with it as much as the freedom loving hippies.

Only in your world. :roll:

Decriminalizing or other forms of legalization will only make a bad problem worse.

DerbyX @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Nope. This world. I've already busted every single argument riden threw at me. Doing so to you would only be redundant.

legalizing it will reduce the problems no different then prohibition and alcohol and will provide a great deal of tax revenues.

Zipperfish @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah this is bogus. Right now, pot is available any time of the day or night and its relatively cheap. Hand it over to the government and it'll be hard to find and taxed up the yin-yang. :lol:

DerbyX @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Don't want to make it hard to find. Anybody of age who wants to smoke it should be allowed just as if they want a beer they should be allowed.

Bodah @ Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Robair Robair:
The only logical reason I've heard for keeping BC bud illegal, is there is no test for high drivers. If they figure out how to check drivers for THC blood levels I'm all for legalizing and taxing the stuff.

Yeah there is a method all the police officer has to do is walk up to the suspected high driver and say "chips ?"

If he accepts throw his hippy as in jail.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 19  Next