Canada Kicks Ass
Canada sending troops to UN peacekeeping mission in Mali

REPLY

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6



BeaverFever @ Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:08 pm

martin14 wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
I said I’m ok with Canadians serving on UN missions. In what way does that mean I support the 12 month deployment of 6 helicopters to Mali? The reason why you can’t ever away with acting like an asshole is because it doesn’t work if you’re also a complete idiot.


And backpedaling complete. :lol


Once again you falsely accuse someone of saying something, then when they correct you, you accuse them of backpedaling. I can’t really tell when you’re doing it out of sheer right wing idiocy and when you’re doing it out of deliberate dishonesty *MOD EDIT* PERSONAL INSULT You must’ve had a really horrible childhood to end up so awful.

   



BeaverFever @ Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:08 pm

martin14 wrote:
Dear God, NO.

Well, no surprise for Trudeau to make yet another stupid move.

Wonder how many will die this time.

Annnd final number is: Zero. It was a largely uneventful mission, just like I told you people it would be the whole time on this thread.

Man once again I’m proven right and all the righties are proven embarrassingly wrong and caught inciting hysteria over nothing. Do you guys have to permanently sit on hemorrhoid pillows from all the ass-poundings you take on here?

ROTFL

   



housewife @ Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Don’t crow to loudly sometimes it takes a while. Even on quiet tours there are problems that don’t come out for years. I’m still learning things about my husbands tour he came home in 1996. For years only heard about fun things it was almost 20 years before I found out about the mass graves among other things

   



BeaverFever @ Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 pm

They were a helicopter squadron in a routine support role not infantry on the front lines And they all came home without a single casualty, far different from what Martin, Brah and the rest of the righties were pretending. Now they’re all hiding from this thread as they always do when they get schooled.

   



housewife @ Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:43 am

Just saying not being on the front line doesn’t mean they didn’t see stuff. If they did it would be talked about for years if ever. The fact it didn’t go horribly wrong is great but doesn’t really rebuild the trust that should be there.

   



BeaverFever @ Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:53 pm

On any mission any mission they might “see stuff”. IEven in training ts an occupational hazard and not a reason to not go on missions

Hey where’s Martin? He was do vocal on this thread now cat’s got his tongue. Seems cowardly to me .

   



housewife @ Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:06 pm

But I really think most of the dire comments go more towards trust. I don’t trust the government to give a flying f about anyone in the military though I am sure if the photo op was required he would cry for them. And there’s even less of a chance that the UN would care about our military.

   



Thanos @ Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:10 pm

"If they were scared of risk then they shouldn't have joined the military in the first place", say all the rich and well-connected champagne-swilling dilettantes at UN meetings. You know who I'm talking about, the kind of folk who've never even had dirt under their fingernails even once in their lives, much less ever faced any actual physical danger themselves in some third-world hellhole.

   



BeaverFever @ Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanos wrote:
"If they were scared of risk then they shouldn't have joined the military in the first place", say all the rich and well-connected champagne-swilling dilettantes at UN meetings. You know who I'm talking about, the kind of folk who've never even had dirt under their fingernails even once in their lives, much less ever faced any actual physical danger themselves in some third-world hellhole.



If your argument is that troops should never be deployed anywhere nor even in supporting roles away from direct danger because “they might see something “ that’s just fucking retarded. Imagine you scoffing if Trudeau had said that instead.


“Maybe seeing something “ is part of the job and it’s literally what they sign up for. They dont sign up to soend their career guarding the barracks in Cold Lake and Petawawa.

Oh and I served over a year in a Light Infantry regiment in the Army Reserve before leaving for University so I guess that makes more of a military man than you and Martin now eh?

   



Thanos @ Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Sincere thanks for your service. I only wish you had done it for a much better government and more deserving country.

Remember that Canadian captain who got shackled to a post in Bosnia, an incident that embarrassed our entire country because we weren't allowed to shoot back at Serb and Croatian thugs? Or the Canadian dead and wounded in Bosnia? Or what Romeo Dallaire got to witness first hand in Rwanda? That's what your military gets when they're taking orders from the exact same dilettantes I described. I never said there was no risk. It's that the risk to our personnel's lives shouldn't be a result of retard orders coming from the UN building in NYC. Every military life lost thanks to the machinations of those scum isn't just a tragedy, it's an obscenity.

You can support the UN all you want. I won't. It's a disgusting organization that we should stay as far away from as possible. And that's for the safety of our own people, who shouldn't be put in danger because some of the chattering class in this country is so in love with the idiocy of "the world needs more Canada" that they could care less about the people that get put on the line for the big ideas coming from the cocktail-party circuit.

   



rickc @ Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Thanos wrote:
Sincere thanks for your service. I only wish you had done it for a much better government and more deserving country.

Remember that Canadian captain who got shackled to a post in Bosnia, an incident that embarrassed our entire country because we weren't allowed to shoot back at Serb and Croatian thugs? Or the Canadian dead and wounded in Bosnia? Or what Romeo Dallaire got to witness first hand in Rwanda? That's what your military gets when they're taking orders from the exact same dilettantes I described. I never said there was no risk. It's that the risk to our personnel's lives shouldn't be a result of retard orders coming from the UN building in NYC. Every military life lost thanks to the machinations of those scum isn't just a tragedy, it's an obscenity.

You can support the UN all you want. I won't. It's a disgusting organization that we should stay as far away from as possible. And that's for the safety of our own people, who shouldn't be put in danger because some of the chattering class in this country is so in love with the idiocy of "the world needs more Canada" that they could care less about the people that get put on the line for the big ideas coming from the cocktail-party circuit.

R=UP Best post I have read anywhere in a long time! I wish that I could rep much more than just 5 points. CKA should have something like America's got talent's GOLDEN BUZZER. Like once a calendar year you could hit the golden rep point button and give 1000 points instantly. That is how good your post was. Not just for Canada, but every country that gets sucked into sending their troops to die in third world shitholes where there are no actual "good guys" just to prop up some "feel good" BS resolution.

   



Thanos @ Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:10 pm

I aim to please. Or to get folks to tear their hair out in rage. Either result works for my entertainment purposes. 8) :mrgreen:

   



housewife @ Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:43 am

rickc wrote:
Thanos wrote:
Sincere thanks for your service. I only wish you had done it for a much better government and more deserving country.

Remember that Canadian captain who got shackled to a post in Bosnia, an incident that embarrassed our entire country because we weren't allowed to shoot back at Serb and Croatian thugs? Or the Canadian dead and wounded in Bosnia? Or what Romeo Dallaire got to witness first hand in Rwanda? That's what your military gets when they're taking orders from the exact same dilettantes I described. I never said there was no risk. It's that the risk to our personnel's lives shouldn't be a result of retard orders coming from the UN building in NYC. Every military life lost thanks to the machinations of those scum isn't just a tragedy, it's an obscenity.

You can support the UN all you want. I won't. It's a disgusting organization that we should stay as far away from as possible. And that's for the safety of our own people, who shouldn't be put in danger because some of the chattering class in this country is so in love with the idiocy of "the world needs more Canada" that they could care less about the people that get put on the line for the big ideas coming from the cocktail-party circuit.

R=UP Best post I have read anywhere in a long time! I wish that I could rep much more than just 5 points. CKA should have something like America's got talent's GOLDEN BUZZER. Like once a calendar year you could hit the golden rep point button and give 1000 points instantly. That is how good your post was. Not just for Canada, but every country that gets sucked into sending their troops to die in third world shitholes where there are no actual "good guys" just to prop up some "feel good" BS resolution.



Well said Thanos and rickc

   



BeaverFever @ Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Thanos wrote:
Sincere thanks for your service. I only wish you had done it for a much better government and more deserving country.

Remember that Canadian captain who got shackled to a post in Bosnia, an incident that embarrassed our entire country because we weren't allowed to shoot back at Serb and Croatian thugs? Or the Canadian dead and wounded in Bosnia? Or what Romeo Dallaire got to witness first hand in Rwanda? That's what your military gets when they're taking orders from the exact same dilettantes I described. I never said there was no risk. It's that the risk to our personnel's lives shouldn't be a result of retard orders coming from the UN building in NYC. Every military life lost thanks to the machinations of those scum isn't just a tragedy, it's an obscenity.


Yeah yeah those same 2 missions were trotted out at the start of this thread to predict the bloodbath that never came in Mali. And despite the fact that your prediction has been proven wrong you’re still trying to prove it right by goinf back to these same 2 missions. But you were proven wrong. How is that not the end of it?

I could fill the trunk of your car with the books I’ve read about those 2 missions. Of course despite the fact that there have been over 70 peacekeeping mission in the past 72 years, you cherry-pick the couple of rough missions both occurring in the same chaotic 1992-1995 time period in the years immediately after the fall of the Soviet Union and the powers that be in the UN were still jockeying for position in the post Cold War “new world order” while former clients of the Soviet Union could no longer hold adversaries in check. Russia had a lot to do with undermining the situation in Yugoslavia and the Us and France had a lot to do with undermining the situation in Rwanda, both inside and outside of the UN. You mention Dallaire but he completely disagrees with you. He calls on the UN and Canada to do more, not less.

   



REPLY

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6