Canada Kicks Ass
Clinton says 'I'm in' for U.S. presidential race

1  2  3  Next

fatbasturd @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:25 am

Clinton says 'I'm in' for U.S. presidential race
Updated Sat. Jan. 20 2007 9:43 AM ET
CTV.ca News Staff

Former first lady and current Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton launched her 2008 bid for the U.S. presidency today.

Clinton made the announcement on her website Saturday morning.

"I'm in. And I'm in to win. Today I am announcing that I will form an exploratory committee to run for president," Clinton said on the site.

"And I want you to join me not just for the campaign but for a conversation about the future of our country -- about the bold but practical changes we need to overcome six years of Bush administration failures."

The announcement comes just days after Sen. Barack Obama ended speculation and announced his intention to try and become the first black president.

Clinton is considered the front-runner in the race. In addition to Obama, the field so far includes 2004 vice presidential nominee John Edwards and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, who would be the first Hispanic. He intends to announce his plans on Sunday, AP reports.

Clinton is in good field position. According to AP, she has millions in the bank, a vast support network, and consistently finishes at the top of the polls among the other contenders.

She will also be the first presidential spouse to run for the job. Former president Bill Clinton, Hillary's husband, spent two terms in office, from 1993 to 2001, and still enjoys rock star-like popularity.

Clinton, a 59-year-old former Arkansas attorney, has equally dedicated supporters and detractors.

She is often compared to her husband, and critics say she falls short in terms of natural charisma and warmth, and is overly cautious and calculating.

Among Democrats, many feel she is unelectable in a general election because of her long history in public life. She is best known for standing by her husband through his marital infidelity, and for a disastrous 1993 attempt to overhaul the U.S. health care system.

Others, however, argue that Clinton's intelligence, experience, work ethic and immense understanding of government policy outweigh any perceived weaknesses.

Clinton won a landslide victory in 2000 in her first run for Senate in New York, a state in which she had never lived.

danikyvor @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:35 am

ohh this should be interesting!!

Yank-in-NY @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:36 am

Even she would be an improvement from our current Idiot n' Chief

xerxes @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:41 am

She won't win the Democrat nominations and if somehow the delegates were to be brainless enough to elect her as the presidential candidate she would lose horribly.

hwacker @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:56 am

xerxes xerxes:
She won't win the Democrat nominations and if somehow the delegates were to be brainless enough to elect her as the presidential candidate she would lose horribly.

$1:
Are the American people ready for an elected president who was educated in a Madrassa as a young boy and has not been forthcoming about his Muslim heritage?

This is the question Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s camp is asking about Sen. Barack Obama.

An investigation of Mr. Obama by political opponents within the Democratic Party has discovered that Mr. Obama was raised as a Muslim by his stepfather in Indonesia. Sources close to the background check, which has not yet been released, said Mr. Obama, 45, spent at least four years in a so-called Madrassa, or Muslim seminary, in Indonesia.

Barack Hussein Obama back to goat herding for you.

xerxes @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:59 am

Meanwhile, the whites-only GOP carries on..... [stupid]

Mr_Canada old @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:04 am

I'll give an early Congratulations to America's first Woman President! ;)

hwacker @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:05 am

xerxes xerxes:
Meanwhile, the whites-only GOP carries on..... [stupid]

HAHA funny more blacks and minorities in the gop then the dems period. How many blacks were in the administration of Clintion, Carter ?

Not to mention Senator Bird, a KKK member.

Clogeroo @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:41 am

$1:
HAHA funny more blacks and minorities in the gop then the dems period. How many blacks were in the administration of Clintion, Carter ?

So by being black or a minority that somehow makes you more qualified?

hwacker @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:45 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:

Not at all, just "x's and o's" thinks the GOP is all white. When he's full of shit like usual.

OPP @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:53 am

Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:

Welcome to the living, breathing and thinking! Took you long enough...

Clogeroo @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:55 am

$1:
Not at all, just "x's and o's" thinks the GOP is all white. When he's full of shit like usual.

Does it really matter? Europeans make up the majority of the United States, it is only natural that the majority be in the government.

Brenda @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:06 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:

We have a word for that! Positive Discrimination :?

Yank-in-NY @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:07 pm

OPP OPP:
Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:

Oh? I suppose you were with me when I voted in 2000?

OPP @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:09 pm

Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:
OPP OPP:
Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:

Oh? I suppose you were with me when I voted in 2000?

No, just didn't take you for the questioning athorety type...

1  2  3  Next