Canada Kicks Ass
Engineer deliberately ran train off tracks in attempt to sma

Newsbot @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:24 am

Title: Engineer deliberately ran train off tracks in attempt to smash the USNS Mercy
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2020-04-02 08:10:20

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:24 am

Here's what he was aiming at:

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2020.04/artic ... 2d5fdd.JPG

stratos @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:28 am

I hope the POS gets locked up for life trying to do this. He could have caused others to suffer needlessly if he had succeed.

Robair @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Dude is not playing with a full deck.

At least one sandwich short of a picnic.

How does someone like that get put in charge of something a powerful as a locomotive??? 8O

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Fuckin' idiot probably watched CNN or Fox News WAYYYY to much.

Thanos @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Not Muslim, going by his name. Definitely a conspiracy theorist going by what he apparently said when arrested. What the hell have Alex Jones and Paul Joseph Watson and the rest of the "citizen journalist" scum been saying lately? Someone attacking a medical facility is exactly what a mental case who'd been stoked up by evil bastards like that would do.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Not sure where you get the idea Jones or PJW would have anything to do with this but here's what Heavy.com says Eduardo Moreno (the perp) says:

$1:
Moreno told the agents he “did it,” according to prosecutors. He also said during the interview that he “was suspicious of the Mercy and believing it had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover.” The train engineer told investigators he worked alone and did not pre-plan the “attempted attack.” Moreno said he knew it would bring media attention to the ship and said “people could see for themselves,” prosecutors said.

According to the press release, Moreno, in his second interview with the FBI, said his desire was to “wake people up” and again said he thought the Naval hospital ship was “suspicious” and he doesn’t think “the ship is what they say it’s for.”

In an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Douglas Swain, Moreno told the officer who arrested him, without provocation, statements such as, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will. At night, they turn off the lights and don’t let anyone in. I’m going to expose this to the world. When was the last time you went to Dodgers’ stadium? We might not be able to go again.”

In an interview with police, Moreno said he was not sick, but he had been watching what was going on with the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and the medical ship. He said he was “putting all the pieces together,” and “they are segregating us and it needs to be put in the open,” according to the affidavit. Moreno said he was “pushing” the last train car of his workday at the yard with his locomotive on March 31 when he started thinking about “everything” and “just kept going and going,” according to the affidavit.

Moreno told police, “I don’t know. Sometimes you just get a little snap and man, it was fricking exciting I just had it and I was committed. I just went for it, I had one chance.” He said “no one was pushing his buttons” to make him do it, according to the affidavit.

Moreno later told investigators he was trying to draw the world’s attention to the ship. He told agents, “I jumped the train off the tracks. I can’t wait to see the video I took the train off the end, I tried to get attention.”

https://heavy.com/news/2020/04/eduardo- ... sns-mercy/

Public_Domain @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:21 pm

what an absolute fucking loon. enjoy your 15 minutes of fame, moron

Thanos @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:03 pm

$1:
...“was suspicious of the Mercy and believing it had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover”...

Yes, Alex Jones or PJW or Glenn Beck or any of the others on the kook-right have never ever said anything like that at all. Clearly the engineer simply thought it up, all on his own, out of a clear blue sky, for no reason at all, etc, etc, etc.

:roll:

Expect more to happen. The nutcases are legion now, were terrified before coronavirus, are social isolated, and most likely spending far too much time on the internet drinking in even greater quantities of their preferred insanity than they usually do. This is going to get much worse.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm

Thanos Thanos:
$1:
...“was suspicious of the Mercy and believing it had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover”...

Yes, Alex Jones or PJW or Glenn Beck or any of the others on the kook-right have never ever said anything like that at all.

You may be right about PJW. I can't recall him saying anything like that. Jones did. More during the Obama period though. Beck? I haven't been following him lately but yeah apparently he's a never-trumper now, or something. Maybe you should go make a citizen's arrest on that evidence.

On the other hand if we're talking any kind of anti-government stuff...that comes from all sides. The guy who shot up the Republicans' baseball practice was a big fan of Fauxcahontos and watched media on the left. The guy who shot the five cops at the Black Lives Matter rally was a big fan of the Young Turks.

Me, I'm not willing to jump to conclusions. I'll wait for the facts.

Public_Domain @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm

frankly i'm surprised there hasn't been a gun fight with a well-armed mask hoarder yet

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
frankly i'm surprised there hasn't been a gun fight with a well-armed mask hoarder yet

Well, I was saving this one for an argument but...

Police arrest looters in California and in South Carolina as cops crack down on people breaking shelter-in-place orders across the US during the coronavirus pandemic

Not so much hoarders as looters though:

$1:
Outlets report looting in all forms as small businesses seek innovative ways to protect their possessions and as local governments look to work with private companies to create potential air patrol options.

The news of increased looting comes as police departments across the country struggle to keep their own officers safe - in New York City, one in six officers is out sick.

Thanos @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Suddenly re-visualizing the "you get what you fucking deserve" scene from Joker. :|

Public_Domain @ Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:29 pm

"air patrol"?

is that better than cameras?