Family hopes deathbed image causes smokers to quit

Newsbot @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Title: Family hopes deathbed image causes smokers to quit
Category: Health
Posted By: wildrosegirl
Date: 2010-12-31 18:16:21
Canadian

Canuckism @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:05 pm

If this image doesn't scare people from smoking, nothing will.

wildrosegirl @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Of course it won't. There are more graphic images on video games these days. This is a total waste of time, money, effort and resources.

If they really want to stop people from starting smoking - put all of the money their wasting in these "graphic shock" ad campaigns into hiring more enforcement officers to monitor and fine the stores that are selling to the under 18 (or 19, depending where you are) buyers and nip it before it starts. That's 80% of the problem.

Unsound @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Canuckism Canuckism:

i saw this image years ago... did nothing. You know what made me quit? My doctor bugging me at every opportunity and the idea of my daughter getting married without me. The thing with my daughter mostly. Addiction is such a powerfull thing that reason will never work. Emotions are what it takes to get through.i STILL use mental images of my little girl to get through the worst cravings. Graphic pictures may help stop young kids from starting, but it takes a lot more to get people to quit.

Yogi @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 pm

Canuckism Canuckism:

Waste of time and money. Just another case of 'being seen to be doing something'!

Would YOU quit drinking alcohol if the distillers were FORCED to put graphic pics of alcohol caused accident/suicide victims on booze containers??? :roll:

Unsound @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:19 pm

[quote="Yogi] Would YOU quit drinking alcohol if the distillers were FORCED to put graphic pics of alcohol caused accident/suicide victims on booze containers??? :roll:[/quote]
Maybe if they had pics of the girls I'd wake up next to... but even then kinda doubtfull, some of those girls were talented.

Yogi @ Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:25 pm

Unsound Unsound:
[

Been with a 'coyote' or 2 myself! :lol:

ABSOLUT_SS @ Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:47 am

Just spent the evening (new years eve) at University of Alberta hospital visiting my 45 year old buddy who suffered a heart attack last week. Pack-a-day for thirty years. Died twice in the ambulance. Biggest, toughest, SOB I ever knew. Emergency surgery. Lived. Doctors have now told him to stop eating. Well, the shit he WAS eating. Educate, don't legislate!

Proculation @ Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 am

I don't know in other provinces but in Quebec, half the pack of cigarettes is with a disgusting image about cancer, rotten teeth, black lungs, children near smoke, etc. And we are still the province with the most smokers.