Canada Kicks Ass
Fate of Liberals' social programs in doubt if Progressive Co

Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Thanos @ Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 am

Just a reminder:

$1:
"When our masters give the signal, everyone can take off the fake poppy — made with prison labour — and create a bit more landfill. And another annual ritual of war glorification comes to a close.”

Laura Kaminker - NDP Candidate

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/w ... y#comments

For the record Kaminker blocked me on Twitter for giving her a bad time about this. No swearing or giving her grief for her weight either, just asking her why she said such a disgusting thing. And NDP leader Andrea Horvath did not think that the above comment by one of her own candidates deserved any sort of condemnation. Keep that in mind about what the internal beliefs are inside the Ontario NDP when you're in the voting booth.

BeaverFever @ Sun May 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I’m not wrong. This article is about the findings of one particular polll. Your link is about the findings of other polls. Your misunderstanding makes you wrong, I think.

The entire title of the article is incorrect and misleading. The results of one singular poll doesnt predict an outcome.

The title is not misleading. It says that one poll is predicting NDP majority. How is that misleading?

BeaverFever @ Sun May 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Just a reminder:

$1:
"When our masters give the signal, everyone can take off the fake poppy — made with prison labour — and create a bit more landfill. And another annual ritual of war glorification comes to a close.”

Laura Kaminker - NDP Candidate

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/w ... y#comments

For the record Kaminker blocked me on Twitter for giving her a bad time about this. No swearing or giving her grief for her weight either, just asking her why she said such a disgusting thing. And NDP leader Andrea Horvath did not think that the above comment by one of her own candidates deserved any sort of condemnation. Keep that in mind about what the internal beliefs are inside the Ontario NDP when you're in the voting booth.

Do you see yourself as being the political correctness police in this case?

Coach85 @ Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

The title is not misleading. It says that one poll is predicting NDP majority. How is that misleading?

Absolutely it is. I don't blame the media. This is what they do now. They use headlines to drive views and clicks.

Anyone that knows anything about politics knows that 1 singular poll does not dictate the outcome of the election. There's no consideration of seat counts, where the support lies, where the call were made, etc.

The poll predicted that the NDP would gain the most support but that doesn't translate to seats.

BeaverFever @ Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Absolutely it is. I don't blame the media. This is what they do now. They use headlines to drive views and clicks.

Anyone that knows anything about politics knows that 1 singular poll does not dictate the outcome of the election. There's no consideration of seat counts, where the support lies, where the call were made, etc.

The poll predicted that the NDP would gain the most support but that doesn't translate to seats.

Nowhere do they suggest this one singular poll will dictate the election. Every time a poll comes out its a news story there’s nothing new or unreasonable about that.

Also to your other claim there’s no consideration of seat counts in the article, that’s false even from even in the snip I posted:
$1:
Forum Research says the results suggest that if an election were held today, the NDP would get a majority government with 79 seats while the Tories would serve as the Official Opposition with 40 seats.....

So tell me again who is wrong

Coach85 @ Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Nowhere do they suggest this one singular poll will dictate the election. Every time a poll comes out its a news story there’s nothing new or unreasonable about that.

Sure they do.

The headline:

$1:
NDP would form majority government if election were held today: poll

Sure sounds like they're suggesting that due to this poll, the NDP would win the election if held that day. It's clear.

It's also pretty clear that it's incorrect.

Point is, it's a sensational headline to grab views and clicks. It was used to create a reaction.

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Also to your other claim there’s no consideration of seat counts in the article, that’s false even from even in the snip I posted:
$1:
Forum Research says the results suggest that if an election were held today, the NDP would get a majority government with 79 seats while the Tories would serve as the Official Opposition with 40 seats.....

So tell me again who is wrong

There is no consideration of actual seat count beyond their own results.

Taking one poll and talking about seat counts is just nonsense. The poll isn't per riding, it's a blanket poll with the silly suggestion of a NDP majority.

Take a look at some real data:
https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

$1:
Andrea Horwath's New Democrats have consistently gained support throughout the campaign and have moved narrowly ahead of Doug Ford's Progressive Conservatives. But the PCs' better distribution of support still makes them the favourite to win more seats — though the chances of the NDP winning the most seats have increased to better than 1 in 8. The Liberals are being squeezed out. Only the popularity of local MPPs could help them avoid a shutout.

Thanos @ Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Kaminker is the flip-side of the Lake of Fire social conservatives that bedevil the Tories. And, yes, those sorts of extremist and insulting views that are wildly askew with the majority of both the left and the right should be suppressed by the leadership and the individuals that have them should be kicked out of the party. You have no problem voting for a party where those kind of views will be protected by the boss? If you do then don't say anything when some Bible-thumper opens up with something stupid about gays or birth control.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon May 28, 2018 7:37 am

Keep in mind Beaver doesn't think he's in the least bit partisan.

Thanos @ Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 am

I maintain hope he'll see the light.

He can look at it this way. It's arguable that in Alberta one of the psycho social cons cost the Wildrose a win in the first Redford election when the "Lake of Fire" insanity for Teh Hellbound Homoez that the nutcase was spewing on his own blog were revealed. Wildrose should have gotten at least thirty seats in that election and instead ended up with something like twelve. Translate the same situation to Ontario. If enough people of good conscience and taste are offended by the likes of Kaminker and her evil comments then the NDP aren't going to win. And they shouldn't, any more than the Wildrose should have won with having a cretin like the Lake Of Fire guy in their ranks. Even worse for Ontario is that Horwath won't do anything about it, just like when Michelle Smith dithered on kicking that nut out of the Wildrose. It cost them and they deserved to lose.

People have the right to say what they want, even some stupid Marxist bitch in Ontario that has some insane and evil ideas about Remembrance Day. Do they deserve to be a candidate for a political party though? Do they deserve to sit as a member in a provincial government? They answer to both is no, because a government is supposed to be about having an organization that most often serves the best interests of the majority of the population. It's certainly not about supplying a "free speech" outlet for extremists with cretinous ideas and beliefs. There are, and always should be, severe consequences to the sort of odious speech that goes too far. If the Ontario NDP doesn't do something about Kaminker then they fully deserve to have those consequences descend on them like a hammer in the upcoming election.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 am

Thanos Thanos:
Keep that in mind about what the internal beliefs are inside the Ontario NDP when you're in the voting booth.

NDP = No Damn Principles.

I would never, ever consider voting for the likes of them. The NDP has proven over the years both federally and provincially that they have NO morals, and would ruin everything we stand for in the name of politically correct 'progress'.

That being said, this time around my support is not anywhere near 100% for the PC's. The Trillium Party looks good to me, but they don't have enough candidates, and find it hard to answer some of my questions.

Could go either way for me at this point.

-J.

Thanos @ Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 am

Not the Ontario ones anyway. Makes the long ago days of 2015, when all the Alberta NDP had to worry about was a punk-princess candidate who did some dirty photos for a heavy metal album cover, look quaint in comparison. Beats what Ontario's being offered in a slate of hardcore kooky Dippers who come across like they'd be more than morally comfortable running a gulag for those who aren't diverse and inclusive enough for their liking.

BeaverFever @ Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanos Thanos:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Kaminker is the flip-side of the Lake of Fire social conservatives that bedevil the Tories. And, yes, those sorts of extremist and insulting views that are wildly askew with the majority of both the left and the right should be suppressed by the leadership and the individuals that have them should be kicked out of the party. You have no problem voting for a party where those kind of views will be protected by the boss? If you do then don't say anything when some Bible-thumper opens up with something stupid about gays or birth control.

They say something stupid about gays and birth control daily. I am actually not concerned with their comments except when they’re calling to action like promising to ban same sex marriage or restrict access to birth control or encourage neo nazi thugs. If there was a radical movement to ban Remembrance Day or if gangs of thugs were assaulting veterans or any other plausible outcome from her coments then it would be a different story. Otherwise it’s just meaningless words.

Thanos @ Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Anyone who would say those kind of things is clearly lacking in good character. A caucus that would have that person in it is similarly lacking in better qualities. As per Trump it's something that shouldn't be rewarded with election, even if said individual ends up as a meaningless backbencher in a Canadian provincial legislature.

BeaverFever @ Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Anyone who would say those kind of things is clearly lacking in good character. A caucus that would have that person in it is similarly lacking in better qualities. As per Trump it's something that shouldn't be rewarded with election, even if said individual ends up as a meaningless backbencher in a Canadian provincial legislature.

Shes one of those peaceniks who thinks remembrance day is a glorification of war sponsored by the military industrial complex. That’s a whole lot different than trump and rather than a lack of morality her malfunction is the opposite problem, hyper-moralizing

Previous  1  2  3  4  5