Canada Kicks Ass
Felicity Huffman handed prison time over college admissions

Previous  1  2  3  Next

stratos @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:12 am

$1:
and Huffman’s actions had a real victim: someone qualified didn’t get into that university because her daughter stole their spot.

Unfortunately that victim will probably never get to attend that university no matter what happens to Huffman. I disagree slightly with the sentence and it's kind of petty of me but I was looking at 1 month in jail. Pay a Years tuition so someone else can attend the university for free. Fines and community service.

raydan @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:27 am

People with money trying to cheat the system.

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked! 8O

housewife @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
and Huffman’s actions had a real victim: someone qualified didn’t get into that university because her daughter stole their spot.

Unfortunately that victim will probably never get to attend that university no matter what happens to Huffman. I disagree slightly with the sentence and it's kind of petty of me but I was looking at 1 month in jail. Pay a Years tuition so someone else can attend the university for free. Fines and community service.

Paying someone else’s university tuition would be good. There are lots of bright people who don’t even try once they realize the cost. Specially once you add in living expenses and books.

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 am

stratos stratos:
$1:

At least the Uber rich assholes who try to buy the "successful" admission and completion of university by their children have the decency to build wings on Library's and Medical Research Facilities so more people benefit than just their own children.

The Hollywood Elite apparently just buy their kids way in with no benefit to anyone else except the middleman working the admissions system.

And while I disagree with "free university" for everyone because that method of education only truly benefits the bottom line of the universities to the detriment of the taxpayers, I also don't think that you should have to become a wage slave just to pay off your university debt.

So if these "higher education" institutions went back to being places of higher learning rather than money making degree factories there would be no need for people like Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin to buy their kids way in while screwing much more worthy applicants. And while we're at it let's cut the bullshit out about how much more money a degree gets than if you don't have one. Because that truth only applies if you can find a job in your chosen field and it's a well paying field with little competition. Plumbers and electricians make considerably more money than people with alot of these degrees but nobody talks about that, do they?

housewife @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I do!! Trying to get my son to do a trade. Plumber sounds good cause I occasionally have plumbing issues. But really I want him to have a career not just a job.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:58 pm

housewife housewife:
Plumber sounds good cause I occasionally have plumbing issues.

Sounds more like you need a doctor and not a plumber, Ray. 8O :lol:

raydan @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:17 pm

[huh]

Thanos @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:22 pm

It's a joke about your naughty bits, Ray. Sigh.

raydan @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I'd prefer it if you left my naughty bits alone. 8O

stratos @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:07 pm

raydan raydan:
I'd prefer it if you left my naughty bits alone. 8O

Only Ray gets to be naughty with his own naughty bits. :P

raydan @ Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:11 pm

...checks to make sure my camera is turned off.

llama66 @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:24 am

wuss, I keep my camera on...

JaredMilne @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 pm

It's a good start-and then I hope they throw the whole damn library at Lori Loughlin.

I wish we could also throw her spoiled brat Olivia "I don't really care about school" Jade in jail just on principle. Apparently Little Princess Fauntleroy only went for 'game days and parties', and apparently didn't even go to high school much, wanting to focus on her YouTube videos. Now, she's bawling because Lori's criminal charges led to her losing a bunch of endorsement deals.

Because who actually needs education and hard work when you can just live off Mommy and Daddy's money and make YouTube videos for an audience that'll ditch you by the time you're 30?

That entitled attitude and disdaining of actual effort and work really, really hacks me off.

Thanos @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 pm

There ought to be a law that says if you're rich you can't have children, because those kids usually turn out to be utter shits. If they feel the need to breed then they should be forced to give most of their money away first so the brats can't grow up to be disgusting or sociopathic Affluenza Kids that get away with absolutely anything because mommy & daddy keep tossing out so much cash to corrupt bureaucrats, administrators, and politicians.

stratos @ Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 am

$1:
That entitled attitude and disdaining of actual effort and work

I deal with this day in and day out at work. Customers and some of the client staff have an entitled mentality and definitely look down on others. I have one of my staff who doesn't seem to know he is here to actually work

Previous  1  2  3  Next