Canada Kicks Ass
Hawaii residents urged to leave as new fissure forms after K

Newsbot @ Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 am

Title: Hawaii residents urged to leave as new fissure forms after Kilauea volcano eruption
Category: World
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-05-07 06:07:06
Canadian

DrCaleb @ Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 am

And that's why I live where the wind hurts my face. 8O

bootlegga @ Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

There's several other islands that are just fine to visit where you don't have to worry about volcanoes, which are about the only natural disaster that you really have to worry about in Hawaii.

Hawaii, aside from the astronomical prices, is about as close to heaven as you can find on earth IMHO.

BartSimpson @ Mon May 07, 2018 9:22 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Hawaii, aside from the astronomical prices, is about as close to heaven as you can find on earth IMHO.

This!

Lisa and I were in Maui from 4/20 to 4/30 and even though it rained a lot of the time the place was unbelievably beautiful, the majority of the people were wonderful, and you don't find yourself worrying about too much.

But it's true that whatever you can buy for $20 in California you can easily get for $50 in Hawaii!

Tricks @ Mon May 07, 2018 9:45 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

There's several other islands that are just fine to visit where you don't have to worry about volcanoes, which are about the only natural disaster that you really have to worry about in Hawaii.

Can't be heaven without snow. :twisted:

ShepherdsDog @ Mon May 07, 2018 10:05 am

They have snow...not much,but it's there on mountain peaks like Manau Kea. As to paradise, having been to Hawaii a few times, several other islands in the South Pacific and New Zealand, New Zealand's South Island wins hands down.

Jabberwalker @ Mon May 07, 2018 1:33 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Sudbury?

DrCaleb @ Tue May 08, 2018 6:00 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Sudbury?

I wrote 'my face', not 'my nose'. ;)