Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus RIP Thread

Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 35  Next

xerxes @ Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 am

Yeah I couldn’t believe it when I read the headline this morning either.

Fuck cancer.

DrCaleb @ Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 am

raydan @ Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:13 pm

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Awwww! Mrs. Archer! R=EM

Scape @ Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Nooooooooooo!!!!!

raydan @ Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:07 pm

I must be old, because I remember her in Play Misty for Me. 8O

Strutz @ Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 pm

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ar ... -1.5362418

She was hilarious in Arrested Development.

RIP Jessica.

Thanos @ Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:29 pm

RIP George Segal, age 87, one of the most ubiquitous actors of the 1960's, 70's, and 80's.

xerxes @ Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 am

RIP Jessica. She was great in Arrested Development and in Archer.

xerxes @ Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Beverly Cleary, beloved children's book author, dead at 104

$1:
Beverly Cleary, the celebrated American children's author of more than 40 books featuring memorable characters such as Henry Huggins, Ralph S. Mouse and Ramona Quimby, is dead at 104.

Cleary's publisher HarperCollins announced that the author died Thursday (March 25, 2021) in Carmel, Calif., where she had lived since the 1960s.

No cause of death was given.

"We are saddened by the passing of Beverly Cleary, one of the most beloved children's authors of all time. Looking back, she'd often say, 'I've had a lucky life,' and generations of children count themselves lucky too — lucky to have the very real characters Beverly Cleary created, including Henry Huggins, Ramona and Beezus Quimby and Ralph S. Mouse, as true friends who helped shape their growing-up years," said HarperCollins Children's Books president and publisher Suzanne Murphy in a press release.

"Her timeless books are an affirmation of her everlasting connection to the pleasures, challenges, and triumphs that are part of every childhood."

Born Beverly Atlee Bunn in McMinnville, Ore., on April 12, 1916, Cleary sold over 91 million books in over 20 countries and 14 languages.

Just as Ramona Quimby's family struggled financially in the books, Cleary's parents suffered through financial hardships. Her father had to sell his farm in the early 1920s, relocating his family to Portland where he would later lose his job during the Great Depression.

Trained as a librarian, Cleary penned books which sold millions of copies, saying she began writing because children told her there were no stories about kids like them.

Her first novel was 1950's Henry Huggins based on the children she grew up with in Portland.

She received the U.S. National Medal of Arts in 2003.

So sad to read this. I read so many of her books when I was young.

Thanos @ Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:18 am

A notable one here today, Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy dead at age 90.

Kind of a toxic person with a bad history. From Cold Warrior to convicted criminal to right-wing talk show host. Basically like Rush Limbaugh, but at least Liddy had the guts to serve in the military for a while. Never boring though. Always interesting, in a genuinely fucked-up way, just because a guy who once killed & ate a rat on purpose and strapped himself to a pole with piano wire during a lightning storm to overcome his fears of both could be nothing but interesting from both the viewpoints of psychiatry and entertainment.

Dave Thomas on SCTV did a killer impersonation of him too. :lol:

DrCaleb @ Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:16 am

R=EM

My condolences to Her Royal Highness on the loss of her husband of 70 years.

xerxes @ Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:42 am

We should probably start a separate thread for HRH.

DrCaleb @ Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 am

I did put a more indepth story on the front page.

llama66 @ Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am

DMX, the Grammy-nominated rapper from New York, has died at age 50 following a heart attack

$1:
DMX, the Grammy-nominated rapper who sold more than 23 million albums over the course of his career, died Friday, a week after having a heart attack at his home in New York last week, according to multiple reports.

The 50-year-old musician and actor, born Earl Simmons, was brought to a hospital in White Plains and placed in a critical care unit on April 2, TMZ first reported. The outlet also reported the heart attack was the result of a drug overdose.

https://www.insider.com/dmx-dead-at-50- ... ack-2021-4

Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 35  Next