Canada Kicks Ass
�Roseanne� Canceled at ABC

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Thanos @ Tue May 29, 2018 10:36 pm

A family-friendly network like ABC probably isn't going to sit and do nothing when one of it's major stars starts cutting nigger jokes on Twitter for no reason other than to impress some meatheads.

Strutz @ Tue May 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Social media strikes again!

Oh well. I watched a few episodes but didn't really get into it.

Freakinoldguy @ Tue May 29, 2018 11:40 pm

2e7e81292c98675094110d23fba74e16c9217317e26241393bce08a78235e679.jpg
2e7e81292c98675094110d23fba74e16c9217317e26241393bce08a78235e679.jpg [ 88.89 KiB | Viewed 532 times ]

Apparently no matter how offensive something is, so long as you don't "tweet it" there'll be no repercussions.

I'm sorry but shit canning of Roseanne is likely more about pushback by the left for the demonizing of that other asshole Kathy Griffin than any real sense of outrage about her ignorant tweet. :roll:

Thanos @ Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 pm

There was a young black girl, about ten or eleven years old, on the reboot of Roseanne. What do you think she felt about what the woman playing her grandma thought was a funny thing to say in public? :?

BRAH @ Wed May 30, 2018 4:16 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
2e7e81292c98675094110d23fba74e16c9217317e26241393bce08a78235e679.jpg

Apparently no matter how offensive something is, so long as you don't "tweet it" there'll be no repercussions.

I'm sorry but shit canning of Roseanne is likely more about pushback by the left for the demonizing of that other asshole Kathy Griffin than any real sense of outrage about her ignorant tweet. :roll:

There's no repercussions when the Left does it because it's cool.

The Left's 2018 Hypocrisy Tour continues.

BartSimpson @ Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 am

Two things:

1. Roseanne already knew she was a target for the leftists at ABC and Disney so provoking them and the predictable outcome of that provocation is her responsibility.

2. If I owned a marginal network I'd swoop in and hire her ASAP just because millions of snowflakes would 'monitor' the program in the sincere hopes of finding something to be outraged over.

peck420 @ Wed May 30, 2018 8:25 am

It is my understanding that her show had quite high ratings? If that is correct, I would not be shocked to see a streaming service pick it up.

Granted, there are also rumors that there was a considerable amount of tension between some cast members, and Rosanne's slip just gave ABC the excuse they were looking for. If that is the case, even a pickup would be unlikely to save the show.

I haven't had a chance to watch it personally, but I have heard good things, anybody here watch it?

BartSimpson @ Wed May 30, 2018 8:37 am

I watched it and was amazed that ABC tolerated a program that was critical of illegal aliens taking jobs away from US citizens by taking illegally low wages, it was critical of parents who let their kids indulge in self-destructive behaviors all while approaching that topic from a position of love and support, and the show was decidedly pro-Trump from a pragmatic and economic viewpoint.

But...the writing was often stilted and had not yet caught its stride, and the acting was often forced/contrived and you could see that the delivery of the lines was not always comfortable or natural.

The show was definitely resting on the laurels of its previous incarnation but still it was nice to see familiar faces and to get to catch up with the characters 20 years later.

BartSimpson @ Wed May 30, 2018 8:46 am

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago

$1:
Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

ShepherdsDog @ Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am

peck420 peck420:
It is my understanding that her show had quite high ratings? If that is correct, I would not be shocked to see a streaming service pick it up.

They were reporting that streaming services were dumping her show. I watched it, and it was just OK. The actress, for lack of a better term, that played Becky can't act worth shit.

Tricks @ Wed May 30, 2018 9:30 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I watched it and was amazed that ABC tolerated a program that was critical of illegal aliens taking jobs away from US citizens by taking illegally low wages, it was critical of parents who let their kids indulge in self-destructive behaviors all while approaching that topic from a position of love and support, and the show was decidedly pro-Trump from a pragmatic and economic viewpoint.

But...the writing was often stilted and had not yet caught its stride, and the acting was often forced/contrived and you could see that the delivery of the lines was not always comfortable or natural.

The show was definitely resting on the laurels of its previous incarnation but still it was nice to see familiar faces and to get to catch up with the characters 20 years later.

I'm not, ABC had Last Man Standing for 6 seasons. It did all the things you mentioned there.

Tricks @ Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

$1:
Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

What has ABC said about trump?

bootlegga @ Wed May 30, 2018 3:11 pm

The irony is that many of the same conservatives who demanded Michelle Wolf get punished after telling nasty jokes at the WH Correspondents Dinner are now outraged that Roseanne got punished for an outrageous 'joke'.

BartSimpson @ Wed May 30, 2018 3:33 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
The irony is that many of the same conservatives who demanded Michelle Wolf get punished after telling nasty jokes at the WH Correspondents Dinner are now outraged that Roseanne got punished for an outrageous 'joke'.

Yet nothing happened to Michelle Wolf. To the contrary the left is pumping up her career.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... inner.html

$1:
'I was too nice!' Michelle Wolf reveals that her favorite jokes from the White House Correspondents' dinner were the ones she CUT - as she calls Donald Trump a 'pussy' for not attending

xerxes @ Wed May 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

$1:

What has ABC said about trump?

The truth.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next