Canada Kicks Ass
�Roseanne� Canceled at ABC

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

rickc @ Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 am

Thanos Thanos:
Because times change and what was OK even ten years ago no longer is right now. That's life. And this childish "they said it first!" crap really has to end someday. Are there any adults remaining out there that can understand this? How come we're always in this endless circle-jerk of an argument, one that's caused by clowns like Barr or Trump or someone else of their ilk, where they choose to use their free speech not to say anything worthwhile but just to be a mean-spirited fucking jerk? :?

And why is the alleged patriotic right so fired up defend Barr when twenty-eight years ago they went into a raging froth over this atrocity:

I am not defending her. I have always thought that she was an idiot, but she is a funny idiot. Millions of people love her show. There is a reason that her show was one of the highest rated shows on TV. As far as times changing and all, who gets the final say on the datelines of when things are acceptable and when they are not? Would that be the left? It would sure seem like it. They get to do and say whatever the hell they want with no repercussions, but as soon as Trump is elected we have to throw the rule book out the window? I call bullshit! Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

This forum has been using free speech to be a mean spirited fucking jerk since Trump was elected. I would not have it any other way. I have never once complained to a mod about the daily personal attacks about Trump that have been unrelenting since he was elected. He is a public figure. He is fair game. If you cannot take the heat, than get out of the kitchen. Valerie Jarrett is a public figure as well. She is fair game. One of the longest threads running on this forum is nothing but a personal hit job on Trump. You started the thread. You personally attack him every day of the week. Why should you not be fired from your job for your comments? Plenty of people are offended by what you have to say. For the record I support free speech and do not want to see anyone fired for what they say on their own time. That includes you, and Rosanne.

BRAH @ Thu May 31, 2018 4:45 am

Thanos Thanos:
"The Left" now equals anyone who doesn't use their freedom of speech to act like a maniac psycho asshole in public. How horribly far away from basic human decency the extremist right-wing has fallen. Sad!

Your Leftist, Double Standard, Hypocrisy, Right Wing Trump Derangement Syndrome is Sad! Buckaroo. :lol:

Freakinoldguy @ Thu May 31, 2018 5:04 am

It's not the firing of Roseanne that's the problem it's the hypocrisy displayed by people like Wanda sykes who claimed the moral high ground. A position they have absolutely no right to ascend to.

What Roseanne did was just plain wrong but by the same token what Sykes did was at least on the
a similar level. Yet she suffered little to no consequences and actually got a job on the Roseanne Show with that bastion Political Correctness ABC. Facts which leads me to believe the outrage is faked and that this is just a convenient excuse to get rid of a Trump supporter because she was using the show to successfully laud rather than vilify him like the network wanted.

Thanos @ Thu May 31, 2018 6:14 pm

* anyone who isn't a serial killer, a kiddie diddler, or a death camp guard has the moral high ground over Donald Trump

* ABC just announced a few minutes ago that they're bringing the show back and Roseanne Barr's part has been recast:

herbie @ Thu May 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Replace her with Kathy Griffin

xerxes @ Thu May 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Or Rosie O’Donnell

BRAH @ Thu May 31, 2018 7:07 pm

When will Samantha Bee's show be cancelled because of the disgusting comments she made about Ivanka Trump? Oh wait never mind it's another Leftist double standard, hypocrites.

Thanos @ Thu May 31, 2018 7:11 pm

Bee apologized and the channel took all the clips of that show off their website and from YouTube.

Barr doubled-down and continues to blame everyone but herself. Typical modern right-winger, takes no responsibility for their actions, no matter how stupid they behave and no matter how many other they harm. All in all Barr is the perfect archetype of a Trump supporter, sociopathic, gutless, and just plain fucked in the head.

xerxes @ Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 pm

BRAH BRAH:
When will Samantha Bee's show be cancelled because of the disgusting comments she made about Ivanka Trump? Oh wait never mind it's another Leftist double standard, hypocrites.

Maybe if you say double standard enough, you'll learn what it actually means.

What Sam Bee said was vulgar and wildy inappropriate (sort of) and has apologized for it.

What Roseanne said was racist and has blamed everyone but herself. That's the difference.

BRAH @ Thu May 31, 2018 8:31 pm

xerxes xerxes:
BRAH BRAH:

Maybe if you say double standard enough, you'll learn what it actually means.

What Sam Bee said was vulgar and wildy inappropriate (sort of) and has apologized for it.

What Roseanne said was racist and has blamed everyone but herself. That's the difference.

MSNBC stays silent as Joy Reid comes under more scrutiny
$1:
Pressure on MSNBC and its star host Joy Reid grew on Thursday, as embarrassing posts from her old blog—on which she has expressed anti-gay views and promoted 9/11 conspiracy theories—continued to surface.

All the while, Reid has remained on the air, weighing in on topics like Roseanne Barr’s racist tweet and the cancellation of her ABC sitcom.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/31/msnbc-stays-silent-as-joy-reid-comes-under-more-scrutiny-616111

$1:
Roseanne’s gotta go, but MSNBC host Joy Reid gets a pass for homophobia AND 9/11 Trutherism? Man, being a liberal provides more protective armor than an Iron Man suit.

https://twitter.com/jimgeraghty/status/1002201134998720513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.politico.com%2Fstory%2F2018%2F05%2F31%2Fmsnbc-stays-silent-as-joy-reid-comes-under-more-scrutiny-616111

Try again. :roll:

herbie @ Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 am

Water boils at 100C and lead doesn't even melt until 400C. Fucking liberals.

Zipperfish @ Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:07 pm

stratos stratos:
Welcome to the world of Offended. If something offends you others must pay.

More of an asshole tax, I think.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Here's some more on the crap Joy Reid has gotten away with.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/31/in- ... e-to-jews/

That makes answers this question:

Was the 'Roseanne' Reboot Really Canceled Over Her Tweet?

$1:
I’m not here to defend what Roseanne said, but I am going to discuss what this is really about, and why we should be concerned about it. I believe that as far as ABC is concerned, Roseanne Barr’s real crime is not what she tweeted… it was just the cover they needed to kibosh the show featuring—can you imagine—a pro-Trump character! In response to Roseanne’s tweet, Valerie Jarrett said, "I think we have to turn it into a teaching moment. "Perhaps we do, but not for the same reason she claims.

Former 2012 GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain says he believes ABC was just looking for a reason to ax Roseanne, and they got it. Ali Alexander, a longtime conservative political strategist who spoke with PJ Media about Roseanne, agrees. “Corporations and the institutional left are one of the same," he said. "They seek a monopoly on commerce and culture so that no opposing voices can disrupt their respective markets.”

But, while Cain believes Roseanne’s tweet was racist, Alexander does not, though he believes it was insensitive. “Look, I’ve called out racists within both parties and especially within racist Hollywood," he said. "Barr doesn’t have a history of racist attacks or supporting systems of racism. She’s has fought for many. If her intent was to racially malign a multiracial political pariah, I’m sure she would’ve done it with more clarity and bigotry.” Alexander, who is black and also has Arab ancestry, thinks the real issue is being missed. “To not talk about the very real, very clear targeting (akin to what is called malicious prosecution in legal circles) by ABC in the same breath as whatever your conclusion is on Barr’s comments is robbing this conversation of its proper due. That’s exactly what they want.”

This is really no different than what happened with Milo Yiannopoulos and his former publisher. They were getting raked over the coals for their decision to even publish the book and the moment they were handed a reason to drop him they took it. Tim Allen’s show Last Man Standing is another great example. Though Allen never said anything offensive, most people believe his (and his character’s) support of Trump was the reason for the popular show’s cancellation. For a show that had no problem incorporating the 2012 presidential election into storylines, the 2016 election was surprisingly absent, save for the last Halloween episode featuring Tim Allen dressed up like Donald Trump. That must have been too much for ABC to stomach.

I’m not here to defend what Roseanne said, but I am going to discuss what this is really about, and why we should be concerned about it. I believe that as far as ABC is concerned, Roseanne Barr’s real crime is not what she tweeted… it was just the cover they needed to kibosh the show featuring—can you imagine—a pro-Trump character! In response to Roseanne’s tweet, Valerie Jarrett said, "I think we have to turn it into a teaching moment. "Perhaps we do, but not for the same reason she claims.

Former 2012 GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain says he believes ABC was just looking for a reason to ax Roseanne, and they got it. Ali Alexander, a longtime conservative political strategist who spoke with PJ Media about Roseanne, agrees. “Corporations and the institutional left are one of the same," he said. "They seek a monopoly on commerce and culture so that no opposing voices can disrupt their respective markets.”

But, while Cain believes Roseanne’s tweet was racist, Alexander does not, though he believes it was insensitive. “Look, I’ve called out racists within both parties and especially within racist Hollywood," he said. "Barr doesn’t have a history of racist attacks or supporting systems of racism. She’s has fought for many. If her intent was to racially malign a multiracial political pariah, I’m sure she would’ve done it with more clarity and bigotry.” Alexander, who is black and also has Arab ancestry, thinks the real issue is being missed. “To not talk about the very real, very clear targeting (akin to what is called malicious prosecution in legal circles) by ABC in the same breath as whatever your conclusion is on Barr’s comments is robbing this conversation of its proper due. That’s exactly what they want.”

This is really no different than what happened with Milo Yiannopoulos and his former publisher. They were getting raked over the coals for their decision to even publish the book and the moment they were handed a reason to drop him they took it. Tim Allen’s show Last Man Standing is another great example. Though Allen never said anything offensive, most people believe his (and his character’s) support of Trump was the reason for the popular show’s cancellation. For a show that had no problem incorporating the 2012 presidential election into storylines, the 2016 election was surprisingly absent, save for the last Halloween episode featuring Tim Allen dressed up like Donald Trump. That must have been too much for ABC to stomach.

Roseanne Barr

@therealroseanne
don't worry, #Roseanne show fans-next season will be even braver/funnier/timely than this season, despite what anyone mistakenly says.

7:27 PM - May 15, 2018
3,755 people are talking about this

Coincidence? Doubtful. If it wasn’t the Valerie Jarrett tweet, it would have been something else that would have prompted ABC to cancel the show. But, the Valerie Jarrett tweet gave ABC the ammunition they needed to ax a show they really didn’t want to keep anyway. And now Roseanne reruns are being pulled from syndication, and the reboot has been removed from Hulu. This cancelation doesn’t hurt just Roseanne Barr, but everyone involved in the show who is now out of a job and/or earned syndication royalties.

Jon Del Arroz, the leading Hispanic voice in science fiction, award-winning author, and political conservative, believes ABC exposed their own hypocrisy by giving Roseanne the boot so quickly and completely. “Based on the way they ignore the transgressions of their leftist talent, the double standard ABC holds toward Roseanne makes it clear this is about politics and they were looking for a reason to destroy her," he told PJ Media.

The real problem with this lynch mob mentality is that the left refuses to distinguish between real racism and political views that are different from their own. Roseanne's tweets aside, Trump—and anyone who supports him—has been unjustly labeled a racist. So, think about it... when they call us racists it's really their way of saying we don't have the right to exist and that our lives and livelihoods ought to be destroyed. According to Del Arroz, "The establishment media won’t tolerate anyone on the center or right and are afraid of their own audiences who are revolting by watching shows like Roseanne and not their other content." Roseanne is just a high-profile target who handed her enemies the ammunition. But, eventually, anyone who is a Trump supporter or is politically conservative will find lives uprooted somehow with claims of racism or some other phony sin...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/was-the-ro ... her-tweet/

xerxes @ Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Again, I feel Occam’s razor needs to be applied here. Because what’s more likely: a leftist plot to take down a show, or an economic decision was made?

I haven’t read it anywhere but I’ll bet ABC was facing an advertiser exodus from the show despite it being a ratings winner.

Moreover why do popular shows get cancelled? Look at Brooklyn nine nine and The Expanse. Both are popular shows with a dedicated viewer base and they still got cancelled because...reasons.

raydan @ Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:39 pm

When you don't know what happened, look for the most convoluted and complicated explanation possible, ideally matching your ideological beliefs. [huh]

EDIT: F**k, I even messed myself up with that one. 8O

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next