Martin15 @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:47 am

Italy:

Price of diesel (HA HA NEW TOY )
at one gas station is 1.43
Next station, 2kms away, 1.55

Nahh, prices won't gp up.

Sure. :lol:

Thanos @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:37 am

According to Trump the US is "locked and loaded" to go after whoever attacked the Saudis. Which means the US is going to go to war again in order to defend the country that perpetrated the attacks on America on Sept 11, 2001. Our world, being all delightful again. ROTFL

xerxes @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:53 am

Of course gas prices will go up. Every time some sheikh farts the price goes up.

llama66 @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:36 am

How much do you want to bet that the Saudi's are behind this most heinous drone attack on the Saudi's

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 am

llama66 llama66:
How much do you want to bet that the Saudi's are behind this most heinous drone attack on the Saudi's

I go in at 50/50.

I don't discount the Iranians are to blame because of how loud they are screaming they aren't to blame.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:14 am

Thanos Thanos:
According to Trump the US is "locked and loaded" to go after whoever attacked the Saudis. Which means the US is going to go to war again in order to defend the country that perpetrated the attacks on America on Sept 11, 2001. Our world, being all delightful again. ROTFL

Not really. When you think about it, if a country like Iran or a group like the Houthi are allowed to shut down large portions of the worlds oil production and hold everyone else hostage with just a few drone attacks, then we may as well just shut up shop now and go home. Because it won't be long before they're calling the shots, especially since no refinery or oil storage facility in any country will be safe from them.

This act of war may not equate to dropping the bomb in Manhattan for shock and awe but as far as long term world wide ramifications go, if left unpunished it may be much worse.

But maybe there is one good thing that this drone strike will do. It'll make those fucking corporate welfare assholes the Irving's think twice about the security and safety of their beloved Saudi Oil supply which, is now under threat by any 12 year old Arab gamer with an explosive device lashed onto last years Christmas present. It might also make them more amenable to accepting Canadian oil than oil from a source that isn't all that secure or sure anymore.

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:22 am

^^

Sometimes the side effects are good. Especially with how the Saudis have been acting since we called them out on their abysmal humans rights record.

Sunnyways @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 am

I imagine they will. And if they do, there’s a silver lining for Canada.

Big customers of ME oil like Europe, China and Japan did not ask for raised tensions in the ME and were not consulted by the US over its JCPOA withdrawal or its punitive sanctions against Iran which started the current crisis

We don’t know much about the actual attacks at the moment. They probably came from either Yemen or even Saudi Arabia itself. It’s less likely they came from Iran directly. The Saudis have been bombing the hell out of Yemen for years, so it’s difficult to summon any sympathy for them now when the Houthis or their Shia allies retaliate. If they had any sense, KSA would be looking for peace with the various Yemeni factions at whatever cost necessary. Yemen itself should probably be repartitioned.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:55 am

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Big customers of ME oil like Europe, China and Japan did not ask for raised tensions in the ME and were not consulted by the US over its JCPOA withdrawal or its punitive sanctions against Iran which started the current crisis.

Not sure I understand.

Are you saying the sanctions against Iran caused the Houthi insurgency and civil war?

That's not the way I heard it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemeni_ci ... %93present)

You could maybe see it as an Iran–Saudi Arabia proxy conflict if you isolate the right bits but even there conflicts between Sunni and Shiite have been happening for over a thousand years. Neither the Iranians nor the Saudis want the other to be the power in the region.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:02 am

However there is this possibility:

$1:
The attack also likely will heighten tensions further across the wider Persian Gulf amid a confrontation between the US and Iran over its unraveling nuclear deal with world powers.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/drone-att ... -facility/

herbie @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 am

Of course gas prices will go up. Even in BC that doesn't use a drop of Saudi oil.
And everyone will blame it on the taxes as usual.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:15 am

herbie herbie:
Of course gas prices will go up. Even in BC that doesn't use a drop of Saudi oil.

No. "Everyone," as in most people, will accept the official explanation. But taxes will make the rise on the already high price of taxed gas in BC, particularly in the GVRD, intolerable.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 am

herbie herbie:

Not this time. It's out there for everyone to see and oddly enough, it's a valid reason. If you have low supply you have higher prices. Something they've been telling us has been happening for years. The only difference is that this time big oil didn't create the shortage themselves to maximize their profits. [B-o]

Thanos @ Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:47 pm

All this two days before Netanyahu has to win a critical election. If he loses he's facing a host of corruption charges that he's been dodging thanks to the privileges attached to the Israeli PM office. How convenient! :roll:

Anyone following for the official American/Saudi/Likud narrative needs to give their head a shake. It's almost identical to the lies of 2003.

1  2  3  4  Next