Newsbot @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:34 am

Title: Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg is Time's Person of the Year
Category: World
Posted By: llama66
Date: 2019-12-11 07:29:17

Robair @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:34 am

Gimme a break.

stratos @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:39 am

Hey she shares that honor with a lot of other people. Cool for her. I bet Hitler was as happy about this as she is. Oh I bet she doesn't know Hitler also received this honor in the 1930's. :lol:

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:43 am

stratos wrote:
Hey she shares that honor with a lot of other people. Cool for her. I bet Hitler was as happy about this as she is. Oh I bet she doesn't know Hitler also received this honor in the 1930's. :lol:

I did.

The award is about who is the most news worthy, not who is the nicest person. ;)

CharlesAnthony @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 am

Great news!
All of the young climate-suckers will have their own picture of Dorian Gray!

stratos @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 am

Seriously good for her. She does meet the requirements of basically impacting the world or gaining a lot of the worlds attention for what she has done. You don't have to agree with her platform or ideas. You do know of her and what she stands for. Most of the world does I would suppose.

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:49 am

stratos wrote:
Seriously good for her. She does meet the requirements of basically impacting the world or gaining a lot of the worlds attention for what she has done. You don't have to agree with her platform or ideas. You do know of her and what she stands for. Most of the world does I would suppose.

Exactly. At only 17, many people know her name. An entire generation is holding her up as the person they want to be most like. Definitely a news maker.

stratos @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:50 am

DrCaleb wrote:
stratos wrote:

I did.

The award is about who is the most news worthy, not who is the nicest person. ;)

If I remember correctly he got it for pulling Germany out of the depression and improving their standard of living along with his early negotiated take over of former German territory that was lost after WWI

stratos @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:50 am

Quote:
Definitely a news maker.

She most definitely is.

llama66 @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:00 am

DrCaleb wrote:
stratos wrote:

Exactly. At only 17, many people know her name. An entire generation is holding her up as the person they want to be most like. Definitely a news maker.

I do not want to be like her. I'd like to be more like Senator Palpatine.

Robair @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 am

DrCaleb wrote:
An entire generation is holding her up as the person they want to be most like.

That's the problem. She dropped out of school to protest full time.

You know, instead of getting motivated to go to work and find solutions to a problem, sit around and whine about it.

Let's all aspire to be like that.

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:08 am

Robair wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
An entire generation is holding her up as the person they want to be most like.

That's the problem. She dropped out of school to protest full time.

You know, instead of getting motivated to go to work and find solutions to a problem, sit around and whine about it.

Let's all aspire to be like that.

Your opposition appears to preclude she won't go back to school.

I would find it difficult too to be at all these worldwide conferences while not taking air travel and still attending school.

I suppose we'll see what she does next school year.

CharlesAnthony @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:16 am

Definitely a news faker.

Thanos @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:19 am

More like Obnoxious Celebrity of the Year. Big whoop. :roll:

PluggyRug @ Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:59 am

She's had her 15 minutes, time to move on.

1  2  3  4  5  Next