Canada Kicks Ass
The Radiant Abyss of the Nihilist Right-Wing

Previous  1 ... 42  43  44  45  46  47  48 ... 62  Next

N_Fiddledog @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 am

BTW...a big fat thumbs up for the happy, patriot, truck-driver who nudged the tubster off the road in the story on the previous page. R=UP

Get off the road, dummies.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BTW...a big fat thumbs up for the happy, patriot, truck-driver who nudged the tubster off the road in the story on the previous page. R=UP

Get off the road, dummies.

Or at least learn to use a cross walk. Walking out in the middle of the road is not smart

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:58 am

stratos stratos:
Or at least learn to use a cross walk. Walking out in the middle of the road is not smart

She was in a parking lot. Pedestrians always have right of way in a parking lot, these being essentially gigantic crosswalks. Which is why the truck driver got a big fine for failing to stop for a pedestrian.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am

"Horner explains she was crossing the street so that she could get a good picture of the semi-trailer carrying the animals, but as she was crossing the street the semi struck her."

She says it was a street in the article. 8O

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:05 am

stratos stratos:
"Horner explains she was crossing the street so that she could get a good picture of the semi-trailer carrying the animals, but as she was crossing the street the semi struck her."

Different article I read had her in a parking lot. [huh]

Either way: "RCMP say the driver was issued a fine for failing to yield to a pedestrian, which resulted in a $776 ticket." Cops think she was a pedestrian.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

Different article I read had her in a parking lot. [huh]

Either way: "RCMP say the driver was issued a fine for failing to yield to a pedestrian, which resulted in a $776 ticket." Cops think she was a pedestrian.

I agree. She's a pedestrian. Just someone who thinks its great to cross the street where ever she wants. I don't know muck about this like the speed zone and ect. Thing is the pictures look to me like she purposely stepped out in front of the moving truck. Only 2 pictures so hard to base a good judgement on what happened.

peck420 @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 am

stratos stratos:
Thing is the pictures look to me like she purposely stepped out in front of the moving truck. Only 2 pictures so hard to base a good judgement on what happened.

Pretty much why every smart person has a camera recording while driving.

If you have video, and the pedestrian has not given a clear indication that they are about to cross (only applies at un-marked & un-signalled), you will walk out infraction free.

However, you must have evidence. In word vs word, pedestrian wins.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:23 am

peck420 peck420:
stratos stratos:
Thing is the pictures look to me like she purposely stepped out in front of the moving truck. Only 2 pictures so hard to base a good judgement on what happened.

Pretty much why every smart person has a camera recording while driving.

If you have video, and the pedestrian has not given a clear indication that they are about to cross (only applies at un-marked & un-signalled), you will walk out infraction free.

However, you must have evidence. In word vs word, pedestrian wins.

And I would guess about 95% of the time that is the proper outcome.

peck420 @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:26 am

stratos stratos:
And I would guess about 95% of the time that is the proper outcome.

Lol, 5 years ago, I would have agreed.

Today? I dread driving downtown....every time, at least one wank will just stroll onto the road...generally speaking, eyes glued to their phone, headphones on their head....right in between two controlled crosses...

Frak, I dread driving by the UoA as well, same reason.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:26 am

stratos stratos:
Only 2 pictures so hard to base a good judgement on what happened.

The first word of the article title is "Video".

*hint* *hint*

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:51 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:
Only 2 pictures so hard to base a good judgement on what happened.

The first word of the article title is "Video".

*hint* *hint*

But what we are shown in the article that's on the previous page is only 2 pictures *hint hint*.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:00 am

Well watched the video and wow. Frist thing is it is a street. Truck slowed down for the cross walk then as no one crossed speed up and started going around the curve. Lady has back to on coming traffic and is NOT in a cross walk. She looks to be just meandering down the middle of the road. Truck honks the horn instead of moving she stops and blatantly looks at the truck. You can hear the truck brakes being applied. She puts her hand up and leans into the truck. Why not fast steep two to three steps and get out of the way.

Yep court does not agree with me but that's my thought on the video.

As for the guy driving obviously who ever is holding the phone is now not across the street but up next to the truck so the must of run over to it and clearly a lapse of time has happened. What reaction do you want from him anger and yelling?

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:11 am

stratos stratos:
Well watched the video and wow. Frist thing is it is a street. Truck slowed down for the cross walk then as no one crossed speed up and started going around the curve. Lady has back to on coming traffic and is NOT in a cross walk.

If you are crossing from one curb to another curb, you don't require a crosswalk. Otherwise people would be stuck whenever the sidewalk ended. ;) Crosswalks only designate where pedestrians have the right of way.

The truck also had lots of time to see her, and let her finish crossing. And again, the cops agreed, presumably after seeing the video.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

Looked to me she wasn't crossing but walking down the road. There is a difference.

stratos @ Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

$1:
The truck also had lots of time to see her, and let her finish crossing

I was iffy on that but tend to agree.

Previous  1 ... 42  43  44  45  46  47  48 ... 62  Next