Canada Kicks Ass
How does one learn the French language?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Durandal @ Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:14 pm

http://fr.youtube.com/user/imagiers

Brenda @ Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:18 pm

martin14 martin14:
but zig, youre also responding to the necropost..

doesnt that make you a necro, too ???

so the answer is to get a french girlfriend who doesnt speak english..

then you learn.. :)

Yeah, body language :lol:

kenmore @ Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 pm

I would suggest if you want to learn french or any language. you should take a french course at a community college .. watch french TV stations and programs esp cartoons and the news.. you have to learn to think in the language.. listen to music.. there are many excellent Quebecois ie Celine Dion etc.. you may not like the person but the french CDs will help... the othere option is Berlitz language schools if they have them close by.. also for reading.. you can go to the library and get french books.. start with the kid stuff just like when you went to grade school.. then move up as you learn... I would suggest you try and make contact with french speaking people ... groups etc at universities... and as martin says a french friend.. its all good.. Bonne Chance.... bien a vous!

BartSimpson @ Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 pm

VitaminC VitaminC:
I would highly recommend going to France and taking a french immersion language program

Kindly excuse the correction, The gentleman asked where to learn french, not quebecois or joual.
:wink:

Damien @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:46 pm

MacDonaill MacDonaill:
VitaminC VitaminC:
I went to Chicoutimi last year, had an awesome time, and learned a tonne of french. I highly recommend it!

You came to Chicouts for Explore? That's awesome. That's where I live. I originally came up here to spruce up my French as well, been here ever since. LOL.

hehe
I'm from Chicoutimi too ! 8O

Arctic_Menace @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I worked a summer in Chicoutimi. Not a bad place, but I'd still take Montreal or Quebec City any day. :P

Damien @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:52 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
VitaminC VitaminC:
I would highly recommend going to France and taking a french immersion language program

Kindly excuse the correction, The gentleman asked where to learn french, not quebecois or joual.
:wink:

It's less different than the american slang vs british english 8O

Damien @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
I worked a summer in Chicoutimi. Not a bad place, but I'd still take Montreal or Quebec City any day. :P

Quebec and Montreal Rocks, but chicks are hotter here [drool]
And that's a fact :)

What kind of work were you doing ?

travior @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:07 pm

A_M I cannot believe you are allowing Tegan to drag you into the necro world :lol:

Brenda @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 pm

travior travior:
A_M I cannot believe you are allowing Tegan to drag you into the necro world :lol:

Ohhhhhh, good catch! :lol:

Arctic_Menace @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Damien Damien:

I was a staff Cadet at CFB Bagotville. ;)

And man, pretty much almost all Quebecoise are hot. [drool]

But Chicoutimi girls are pretty damn hot. My friend Marie-Pier is smoking hot and she's from Chicoutimi. 8O

Arctic_Menace @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:13 pm

travior travior:

When it involves hot Quebecoise women, it's hard NOT to get involved. :lol:

travior @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Tegan ? 8O

Or... the women mentioned in the post :lol:

Damien @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Damien Damien:

I was a staff Cadet at CFB Bagotville. ;)

And man, pretty much almost all Quebecoise are hot. [drool]

But Chicoutimi girls are pretty damn hot. My friend Marie-Pier is smoking hot and she's from Chicoutimi. 8O

I told you !
What are you waiting for to join the reserve force ?
But please, not the Air Force ok ? it's bad for you, you should go for army :P

Arctic_Menace @ Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 pm

Tegan Tegan:
travior travior:

Oh, Canadian French is now the necro world? That is an out-to-lunch, possilbly bigotted view.

:roll:

Fail.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next