Canada Kicks Ass
Batgirl Cancelled - A Sign Of Things To Come?

Previous  1  2

Tricks @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:53 am

I watched supergirl all the way through but Batwoman was too rough for me to get into at this point. I only got through a few episodes of the first season and lost interest. God damn am I excited for She-hulk though. And I found Ms Marvel great.

I hated the most recent batman though. It didn't feel like a batman movie, but a movie about a guy in a suit who thinks he's batman, if that makes sense.

DrCaleb @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:29 pm

Tricks Tricks:
I hated the most recent batman though. It didn't feel like a batman movie, but a movie about a guy in a suit who thinks he's batman, if that makes sense.

I agree. It didn't seem like a Batman movie. Not really sure what kind of a movie it was.

And I enjoyed Ms. Marvel, and am looking forward to She Hulk.

Tricks @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:28 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:

I agree. It didn't seem like a Batman movie. Not really sure what kind of a movie it was.

To me batman's major character traits are: Ridiculously smart, amazing planner, the greatest detective, literally always prepared, and almost never brash or unthinking, sci-fi tier gadgets.

The most recent batman had none of those qualities.

DrCaleb @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:40 pm

Tricks Tricks:
To me batman's major character traits are: Ridiculously smart, amazing planner, the greatest detective, literally always prepared, and almost never brash or unthinking, sci-fi tier gadgets.

The most recent batman had none of those qualities.

I always preferred the Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, or even Frank Castle characters, because they use what they have to the best possible outcome. It's never an accident of birth that they are the best. it's because of hard work.

raydan @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:34 pm

That Batman description would also fit for a Boy Scout.

EDIT: Also Girl Scouts and People Scouts.

DrCaleb @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:42 pm

And International Scouts.

Tricks @ Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:05 pm

raydan raydan:
That Batman description would also fit for a Boy Scout.

EDIT: Also Girl Scouts and People Scouts.

Let me know when a boy scout has a bat mobile or a grappling gun or anti shark spray. :lol:

raydan @ Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 am

I forgot Angus "Mac" MacGyver. :D

Thanos @ Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:46 pm

Not often that I agree with Kevin Smith on just about anything but he's correct on this - why cancel Batgirl when The Flash movie is about to turn into DC/Warner's most embarrassing trainwreck of all time simply because the movie's star is completely psychotic:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/movies/news/f ... a28b607f99

$1:
- Kevin Smith called out Warner Bros. for canceling the release of "Batgirl" instead of "The Flash."

- "In 'The Flash' movie, we all know there's a big problem!" Smith said.

- Star Ezra Miller has been arrested twice this year and is facing allegations of endangering young people.

Filmmaker and noted comic-book fan Kevin Smith called out Warner Bros. on his YouTube series "Hollywood Babble-On" for canceling the release of the "Batgirl" movie even though it's still moving forward with "The Flash."

"I don't give a shit how bad the 'Batgirl' movie is," Smith said. "Nobody in that movie is complicated or has anything in their real life you have to market around. In 'The Flash' movie, we all know there's a big problem! Flash is the Reverse-Flash in real life."

"The Flash," which Warner Bros. pushed from this year to next year, has been shrouded in controversy over star Ezra Miller, who has been arrested twice this year in Hawaii on harassment and other charges.

Miller, who uses they/them pronouns, has also faced allegations of endangering or grooming underage people.

Insider reported last week, based on conversations with over a dozen people close to the actor, that Miller has "sought out impressionable young women and nonbinary people whom they could isolate from their families and control."

And Ezra Miller got busted again over the weekend in Vermont, and charged with felony burglary, after breaking into someone's house to steal alcohol. The guy is a complete nutcase and DC/Warner's stick by him is going to blow up in their faces in the worst manner possible given that Miller's a prime candidate to do something awful like eventually murdering someone.

At this stage the failures inside Warner have to be seen as institutional, with a built-in corrosion & rot embedded in their corporate structure. These things can't be happening by accident, they can only happen because the upper executive is operating according to a corrupt internal system that should have been dismantled years ago. The endless series of disasters involving DC properties show clearly that the Warner fish is rotting from the head on down.

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:51 pm

8O :lol:

xerxes @ Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:09 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Not often that I agree with Kevin Smith on just about anything but he's correct on this - why cancel Batgirl when The Flash movie is about to turn into DC/Warner's most embarrassing trainwreck of all time simply because the movie's star is completely psychotic:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/movies/news/f ... a28b607f99

$1:
- Kevin Smith called out Warner Bros. for canceling the release of "Batgirl" instead of "The Flash."

- "In 'The Flash' movie, we all know there's a big problem!" Smith said.

- Star Ezra Miller has been arrested twice this year and is facing allegations of endangering young people.

Filmmaker and noted comic-book fan Kevin Smith called out Warner Bros. on his YouTube series "Hollywood Babble-On" for canceling the release of the "Batgirl" movie even though it's still moving forward with "The Flash."

"I don't give a shit how bad the 'Batgirl' movie is," Smith said. "Nobody in that movie is complicated or has anything in their real life you have to market around. In 'The Flash' movie, we all know there's a big problem! Flash is the Reverse-Flash in real life."

"The Flash," which Warner Bros. pushed from this year to next year, has been shrouded in controversy over star Ezra Miller, who has been arrested twice this year in Hawaii on harassment and other charges.

Miller, who uses they/them pronouns, has also faced allegations of endangering or grooming underage people.

Insider reported last week, based on conversations with over a dozen people close to the actor, that Miller has "sought out impressionable young women and nonbinary people whom they could isolate from their families and control."

And Ezra Miller got busted again over the weekend in Vermont, and charged with felony burglary, after breaking into someone's house to steal alcohol. The guy is a complete nutcase and DC/Warner's stick by him is going to blow up in their faces in the worst manner possible given that Miller's a prime candidate to do something awful like eventually murdering someone.

At this stage the failures inside Warner have to be seen as institutional, with a built-in corrosion & rot embedded in their corporate structure. These things can't be happening by accident, they can only happen because the upper executive is operating according to a corrupt internal system that should have been dismantled years ago. The endless series of disasters involving DC properties show clearly that the Warner fish is rotting from the head on down.

It's like they're burning down the house for the insurance money.

Previous  1  2