Canada Kicks Ass
“Deadpool” Shatters Box Office Records With $135 Million Deb

Previous  1  2

Thanos @ Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Yeah, that was a fairly under-rated film that's kind of gained cult status over the years. Sam Neill was at his demented best and really tore it up as the grown-up Anti-Christ. They probably gave it the R-rating because of the Ghomeshi-esque butt-fuck scene and the part where the priest got torn apart by the dog pack during the fox hunt. Novelizations of movies are usually terrible but The Omen III book was pretty sick too because it really filled in the background of what Damien's disciples were doing to pave his way to the throne.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm hoping the success of Deadpool will help del Toro'so desire to make At the Mountains of Madness true to form. It was to be an R movie but the studios wanted it toned to a PG 13 or 14 A to reach a wider audience for more cash...he dropped it for now.

Thanos @ Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Out of all HPL's stories that particular one, just because it's so hugely important to the whole mythos and demands a big scale production, should get an HBO or AMC treatment instead, with a set ending like The Leftovers and not open-ended like The Walking Dead. There'd be just too much to cram into a two or even three hour movie to do ATMOM proper justice. Going by the mega-violence that cable seems to get away with (e.g. GOT) they wouldn't have half the hassle from the producers doing a TV show as opposed to trying to get it into theaters. Even two or three movies wouldn't be good anyway, mostly because after what they did to The Hobbit I never want to see a duology or trilogy made out of a single story ever again.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 pm

My biggest concern is that Tom Cruise has expressed interest in it. 8O

Thanos @ Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Yeah, just another reason to do it on TV instead. If movies for stories like ATMOM attract names that are too big, along with the dozen or so of the troublemakers with their own agendas that seem to end up as executive producers on just about every movie these days, even the best stories will turn into a shit-show. I keep The Hobbit, Will Smith's I Am Legend, and Brad Pitt's World War Z in mind as the most glaring examples of the last few years of how badly things can go bad when the superstar machinery gets involved. These kind of water-walkers tend to stay away from TV because it's too low scale for them and that's why HBO and AMC can keep it their productions from getting too horribly derailed in the manner that movies can be thanks to the mega-egos that get involved.

Tyler_1 @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 am

Deadpool is in my howse waiting for me to turn him on again. [B-o]
I saw the first 20 minutes last night and he already passed Iron Man for the most personality award. 8O

Public_Domain @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Blood, swearing, and sex, oh my!

How taboo of you Marvel.

Not a superhero fan but the trailer to this looked pretty great

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Don't take kids unless you want to explain the use of a strap on.....being used on a guy.

Previous  1  2