Canada Kicks Ass
Games you are looking forward to

Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 31  Next

Scape @ Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Well, the way this is selling and the way they added value to the title it is only a matter of time now.

I for one am looking forward to it.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
xerxes xerxes:
Public_Domain Public_Domain:
i can not fricken wait to play the remaster

c&c and red alert was my first interaction with computers!
was like 7 years old so i didn't know how to do jack shit :lol:

It’s out now brother. $26 on Steam.

What? No Red Alert 2? :(

It's just the first two games; "Command and Conquer" and "Red Alert". For less than a fast food meal. ;)

xerxes @ Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Plus all the expansions like Covert Ops and such.

Scape @ Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Tricks @ Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm

1 Major reason not be

EA

Scape @ Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Yea, they got my head scratching too. 1st C&C remaster and now this? Did they, *gasp* learn something?

bootlegga @ Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:13 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
What? No Red Alert 2? :(

It's just the first two games; "Command and Conquer" and "Red Alert". For less than a fast food meal. ;)

The only one I really loved was Red Alert 2, with the cheesy voice actors and wicked units.

When C&C was big, I was playing Age of Empires and Homeworld instead. I got the Homeworld Remaster on GOG and it's incredible! I may or may not get AoE on Steam sometime.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:18 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
The only one I really loved was Red Alert 2, with the cheesy voice actors and wicked units.

Red Alert has that too. Most of the Russian accents sound Irish to me, and Tanya yells "Shake it baby!" all the time. :lol:

bootlegga @ Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Red Alert has that too. Most of the Russian accents sound Irish to me, and Tanya yells "Shake it baby!" all the time. :lol:

Maybe, but I only played Red Alert AFTER Red Alert 2 (too much time playing AoE), and the sequel was head and shoulders above the original...Red Alert 2 takes it to another level with these actors:

And this intro:

Awesome!

DrCaleb @ Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:08 am

Oh! Absolutely. RA2 was a big step up. And RA3 was too.

Tricks @ Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:15 am

Having recently bought GTA online, I can say without a doubt I will never buy another Rockstar game. Rockstar is now Bethesda tier. Never again.

Scape @ Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:01 pm

xerxes @ Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:51 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Oh! Absolutely. RA2 was a big step up. And RA3 was too.

I loved Red Alert 2, but I didn't care as much for RA3. With the attack bears and dolphins it was too ridiculous. RA2 was the right balance of silly and fun for me.

xerxes @ Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:05 pm

I guess without FiddleDog here to complain that The Last of Us 2 is a SJW horror show I guess I'll fill in.....

I finished it yesterday and it's as fantastic as the first one was. First of all, it's one of the best looking games I've ever played. There is so much attention to detail with the way things move and how they react with the environment; the game is an impressive technical feat in and of itself.

As for the story. A big part of it got leaked in May which causes certain corners of the internet to go into a frothing rage. I can see what set them off but that's because they're shitty people.

Spoiler Alert

The main part of it is that you spend half of the game playing as the antagonist, Abby. Which I didn't like at first either. But there was a method to Neil Druckman's madness in that it turned a one-dimensional villain into a person who's motivations you understood, even if you still hated her guts.

It's a dangerous choice to make and I think it largely works IMO. There's so little nuance in the world these days, and walking a mile in a villains shoes makes you see what you don't want to see.

I'd still say that Part 1 has a slight edge in the emotional heft of the story, but TLOU2 is still a fantastic that I highly reccomend.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:32 am

A couple updates back, they put these random objects in the game. Large freighters that you'd find when traveling between planets. But all you could do was fly through the wreckage.

Looks like they will be exploreable!

Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 31  Next