Canada Kicks Ass
Hidden Gems on Streaming

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Thanos @ Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:49 pm

That's just a regulation though. As we've all witnessed in the last two weeks laws, regulations, rules, mores, codes, standards, and anything else written on a piece of paper means jack shit when Freedom Lovers led by a Great Man decide that such trivialities don't apply to them.

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
That's just a regulation though. As we've all witnessed in the last two weeks laws, regulations, rules, mores, codes, standards, and anything else written on a piece of paper means jack shit when Freedom Lovers led by a Great Man decide that such trivialities don't apply to them.

It's not in the purvue of the US government to override Canadian law. To become effective, NAFTA II had to be approved by parliament.

Scape @ Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:02 pm

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:16 am

Inside the mind of a Con Man. Interviews with 6 notorious con men, and results of psychological tests given to them to see what makes them tick. More in the Netflix thread . . .

Sorry for the quality of that clip. It's the only one I could find on Youtube.

I don't know where this 'institute' is, but it looks like it's north of the tree line, somewhere in Finland?

And Kerry Daynes is not too hard on the eyes either. :)

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:11 am

For those with Disney (or torrentproxy) "The Beatles, Get Back"

I've never been a huge Beatles fan, but always enjoyed their music. Well, here is 8 hours of them writing the album 'Get Back'. It's really neat to watch the progression, from just strumming away looking for inspiration, to lyrics, to playing with lyrics, to just joking around with each other. It's interesting to hear a song you've heard a thousand times, but never like that. Having them all switch instruments; Paul an drums, Ringo on Bass etc. and the music still being almost the same lets you realize the raw talent this group really had.

They also play lots of other songs. Bob Dylan, classic Blues, other popular groups of the time. Plus so many songs they've written that I've never heard before. It's also cool to see people like Alan Parsons in the background, recording and setting up mics. When George, Paul, Ringo, John, and Billy* play, magic happens.

*Billy Preston. The only other person to get writing credits on a Beatles song.

raydan @ Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:39 am

I went to my favourite Mediterranean grocery store and heard the Moroccan owner and another man of Arabic descent talking about "The Beatles, Get Back" that I'd seen too. 10 minutes of shopping and almost an hour of talking Beatles with them, I went home.

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:32 am

Review: We had our doubts, but Peacemaker is a cheeky, irreverent delight

I thought it was pretty funny too.

raydan @ Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:36 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Review: We had our doubts, but Peacemaker is a cheeky, irreverent delight

I thought it was pretty funny too.

Yup.

xerxes @ Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:24 pm

Given the news today, here's a movie from the UK made in 1984. Its about the effects of a nuclear war in England and I won't mince words, it is fucking grim. Still good though. Free on Youtube.

Scape @ Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:20 pm

Who knew season 3 would be so redeeming?

xerxes @ Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:58 pm

Yeah they jamming ALL the nostalgia buttons for this last season.

Scape @ Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:21 pm

I think they learned from the failures of Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson and season three they fired all the showrunners from the previous seasons and went back to basics.

Better late than never.

DrCaleb @ Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:22 pm

I am really not feeling Picard. I think they are just creating an unnecessary situation for one last mission for the old crew(s). All it does is make me feel old.

On another note, "R R R" is a pretty good romp.

Scape @ Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:43 pm

Don't doubt it. They probably saw how much of a mess it was and decided to shore up what they could and put out at least ONE good season while they could. Still better than Star Wars blowing the reunion of Han, Leia and Luke one last time. Instead they turned Leia into Mary Poppins before she died. Sicking.

RRR was great and this has potential:

Scape @ Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:53 pm

You gotta break a few eggs...

Previous  1  2  3  Next