Canada Kicks Ass
Jodie Foster slams superhero movies

1  2  Next

BRAH @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:55 am

'It’s ruining viewing habits': Jodie Foster slams superhero movies as cinematic equivalent of fracking

$1:
uperheroes may have met their greatest adversary — Jodie Foster.
The 55-year-old has claimed Comic book movies are ruining cinema.
In an interview with Radio Times Magazine, the actor and director slammed the likes of Marvel and DC production as the cinematic equivalent of fracking.

'Going to the movies has become like a theme park,' she said.
'Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders is like fracking — you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth.'

She continued: 'It’s ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5224211/Jodie-Foster-slams-superhero-movies.html#comments

Another Hollywood Liberal Elitist Hack who doesn't get it and thinks they know what's best for everyone else. If it wasn't for these Superhero movies Hollywood would be in big financial trouble because the viewing public has finally turned it's back on the Liberal Elitist political agenda crap.

herbie @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Bullshit. She's right on.
Goddam comic book heroes I outgrew in 1964 and movies based on video games and toys. What's next The Solitaire Movie?

Tricks @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:37 pm

herbie herbie:
Bullshit. She's right on.
Goddam comic book heroes I outgrew in 1964 and movies based on video games and toys. What's next The Solitaire Movie?

Weird, you're not the only person who watches movies.

raydan @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:40 pm

The best movies have a good story are tell that story in an interesting way... most movies today, superhero movies especially, rely too much on special effects, CG, fights, car chases and CG. :(

...and I forgot hype, a lot of hype. :evil:

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:50 pm

I was just reading how the two top movies of 2017 were Star Wars and Beauty and the Beast.

No point really, other than the fact Jodie Foster wasn't in either of them.

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:51 pm

You wanna talk about real crap movies though, let's talk about what's been winning Oscars.

xerxes @ Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:25 pm

There are always fads in movies. Westerns were a dime a dozen back in the day, as were mindless action movies in the 80's. Now, the fad is superhero movies.

Life goes on.

BeaverFever @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:50 pm

The movies that come out of Hollywood these days are almost all truly awful, not just the superhero movies. And she’s right, it’s because the studios have gotten greedy and just want to sell easily translatable garbage to markets around the world. Modern Superhero movies make a good vehicle for that because the plot now is just a “good guy” and a “bad guy” smashing things and fighting each other so easy to sell in any language and culture. But even the other movies aren’t any better.

BRAH @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:01 pm

The studios heads / suits have a lot to do with the problem, they've chased out the good writers and directors which leaves a void filled by reboots no one asked for. One of the main reasons comic book, superhero movies are doing well is it's a market that's been around for decades that has an endless supply of material essentially the next Bond franchise that will not end anytime soon.

herbie @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Well Stephen King is still cranking out predictable drivel. There's Dan Brown silly plots galore to alter, skip and simplify, platform shoes so sawed-off Scientologists can be 6 ft 5" Jack Reacher and now Tom Clancy's farmed out writing and the Soviets are gone and replaced with Muslims no effort is required to make the bad guys vaguely human; there's some names to milk.

Thanos @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Been like this for a long time, like back to the wave of increasingly stupid westerns back in the 1960's or the absolutely terrible action films of the 1980's. Jodie Foster's been in enough dumb action films herself though since 2000 that she really shouldn't be saying much of anything about comic book movies.

herbie @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 pm

She has? Don't think I've noticed her in anything since Contact, Silence of the Lambs - yeah that was back in the 90s!

Thanos @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:41 pm

Safe Room, the-one-who-fights-back movie, that plane passenger disappearing movie and, worst of all, Maverick! 8O

N_Fiddledog @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:18 pm

I just finished watching Wonder Woman again.

It was in the Library.

Still great.

No wonder Jodie Foster's jealous.

xerxes @ Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:44 pm

herbie herbie:
She has? Don't think I've noticed her in anything since Contact, Silence of the Lambs - yeah that was back in the 90s!

Elusium perhaps? That was pretty good imo.

1  2  Next