Canada Kicks Ass
‘RoboCop’ Getting Crushed by ‘Lego Movie’ at Box Office

Previous  1  2

BartSimpson @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
xerxes xerxes:
Trust me. The Lego movie is fantastic. It's not what you think. It's funny, clever, with a very meta ending too. I'm 30 and I laughed my ass off watching it and so did all the other adults in the theatre.

Concur - I look the little one to see it and it was as funny for me as it was for her.

Kids movies have changed dramatically from what used to be made 10 or even 20 years ago - nowadays they have material for both kids and the adults who take them.

The old Bugs Bunny movies from the 1940's had plenty of adult material in them, some of it was downright racy at times! :D

Tyler_1 @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:
I watched the trailer, Batman and Wonder Woman are in it! :P

But what's a Lego movie without Legolas? :(

Legolaless. :D

BartSimpson @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:
I watched the trailer, Batman and Wonder Woman are in it! :P

But what's a Lego movie without Legolas? :(

Legolaless. :D

Lego Lawless?

Tyler_1 @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:40 am

Lego my eggo.

Jabberwalker @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:43 am

Yogi Yogi:
THIS is what passes for 'grown up' entertainment!!! :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry:

It's dystopian science fiction. It's a sort of "George Orwell meets Snap, Crackle and Pop"

andyt @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:45 am

The original RoboCop was satire. A lot of it has come to pass, so I'm not sure calling it fiction is on.

xerxes @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
xerxes xerxes:
Trust me. The Lego movie is fantastic. It's not what you think. It's funny, clever, with a very meta ending too. I'm 30 and I laughed my ass off watching it and so did all the other adults in the theatre.

Concur - I look the little one to see it and it was as funny for me as it was for her.

Kids movies have changed dramatically from what used to be made 10 or even 20 years ago - nowadays they have material for both kids and the adults who take them.

The old Bugs Bunny movies from the 1940's had plenty of adult material in them, some of it was downright racy at times! :D

Not to mention downright racist. But they still crack me up nonetheless.

bootlegga @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:27 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
xerxes xerxes:

Bugs Bunny still makes me laugh - I'm so glad that stupid PC Is Bugs Bunny too violent campaign fizzled out in the 90s and restored them to their former glory.

BartSimpson @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 pm

andyt andyt:
The original RoboCop was satire. A lot of it has come to pass, so I'm not sure calling it fiction is on.

Yeah, I remember seeing that movie and thinking that American police would never just indiscriminately fire at innocent civilians. The very notion of such a thing seemed laughable to even contemplate.

:idea:

Jabberwalker @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Yogi Yogi:
THIS is what passes for 'grown up' entertainment!!! :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry:

It's dystopian science fiction. It's a sort of "George Orwell meets Snap, Crackle and Pop"

I was referring to the Lego Movie, btw, not Robocop (which I have not seen and probably will not see).

Jabberwalker @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:14 pm

xerxes xerxes:

I laughed out loud when I found out who "the Man Upstairs" is.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Animated movies are usually layered as the parents taking their kids grew up with cartoons and animation, as opposed to the generation before. They know we want to be entertained too. The worst animated movie I had the misfortune to watch was a Yu Gi Oh one....took my eldest when he was 8 or 9, and I slept through 80% of it but it didn`t seem like I had missed anything. Dozed off to `well I`ll play this card`, and I awoke to the very same line. Still don`t understand the damn game.

commanderkai @ Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Old thread, but I just saw the new Robocop movie, and it wasn't that bad. Could have been more...brutal, but it was still a good movie. Honestly, if they wanted to press the need for Robocop in the US, they should have made Detroit look like a complete wasteland between the downtown core and the suburbs. A watered down version of Demolition Man intro, maybe.

BRAH @ Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:19 am

If you have seen the Robocop remake while being good it's not going to live up to the original.

Previous  1  2