Canada Kicks Ass
scariest movie of all time

Previous  1  2  3  Next

raydan @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

The Stepford Wives (1975) - now those women would never bitch about having to make sammiches for their men. :lol:

bootlegga @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:
The Thing - 2nd version from the late 70s.

By John Carpenter. Yup.

And 'Alien', 'Aliens'. I don't go much for 'horror', Amityville was pretty much it for me, then I got bored of the genre. But Sci-Fi still has some excellent 'scary' stuff.

As a young child, I saw The Brain that wouldn't Die and it gave me nightmares for a few years.

But once I got old enough to understand horror movies, it was The Thing for me too, although Jaws was a close second.

2Cdo @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 am

Seen every version of The Thing and everyone of them scared me. 8O

FieryVulpine @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 am

Anyone remember "Volcano" with Tommy Lee Jones? While not a horror movie, I remember this one scene where this city work was dragging a subway driver from a train engulfed by a lava flow. He reached the end are and tossed the driver to safety but jumps into the lava himself because it was too far. Watching him burn away and sink into the molten rock really freaked me out and I could not watch that movie again.

SprCForr @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 am

The suffocation by plastic bag in Black Christmas (74 version) got me for some reason.

How about the tent scene at the start of Grizzly?

2Cdo @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 am

My youngest boy found the scene in Terminator 2 where Sara Connors imagines getting nuked unwatchable until he was about 12 years old.

FieryVulpine @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 am

SprCForr SprCForr:
How about the tent scene at the start of Grizzly?

Is it anything like 1000 Ways to Die where this guy suddenly went blind and bumped into a hungry ursine?

SprCForr @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

Don't think so, it was a young couple in a tent getting down to some fun when the grizzly claws it open and starts shredding.

I just youtubed it, NVM it sucked.

fifeboy @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 am

Reefer Madness! Available on YouTube!

2Cdo @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Reefer Madness! Available on YouTube!

Scary? Not quite, but it is outrageously funny!

Thanos @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 am

There was an X-Files episode titled "Detour" where these mutant-things in a forest with bark-like skin and glowing red eyes were hunting people. It was actually quite creepy, especially when one of the freaks got into a house and started chasing some kid around in the dark. A genuinely unsettling episode.

No particular order:

- Prince Of Darkness (John Carpenter)
- Blair Witch
- The Sixth Sense (kid in the tent scene anyway)
- The Grudge 1 & 2 (especially with the possibility that the ghosts are loose and are capable of wiping out the whole world)
- Salem's Lot (the original one with David Soul and James Mason; I was like 11 when I saw it and the scene with the vampire kid hovering outside the bedroom window left me fucked up and jittery for days afterward)
- Alien (Ridley Scott knew how to do more with less by not showing the alien in full up until the very end, and the scenes of the alien picking the crew off one-by-one, especially Tom Skerritt in the access tube, were damn creepy)

Dragon-Dancer @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 am

Horror movies for me are generally more funny than scarey. Those who rely on suspense tend to do me in more than others.

Recent favorites include The Grudge and The Ring, who actually managed to creep me out when most don't.

Back when I was a kid it was Poltergeist that had me though.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:33 am

I am vanting to know, vy id is you are spamming us? It is wery annoying., and ve are not liking it dat you are trying to pass yourself off as some vun you most certainly are not

Tricks @ Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:
The Thing - 2nd version from the late 70s.

By John Carpenter. Yup.

And 'Alien', 'Aliens'. I don't go much for 'horror', Amityville was pretty much it for me, then I got bored of the genre. But Sci-Fi still has some excellent 'scary' stuff.

Amityville was a great movie.

Psycho scared the shit out of me when I was about 8. Then I saw it again in university and it was funny.

Ruined it for me. :lol:

Zipperfish @ Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:19 am

The Ring
The Grudge
The Changeling (with George C Scott)
Hostel
Alien

By the way, if you liked The Ring and The Grudge, check out the the Korean movie "A Tale of Two Sisters." Also on my most scary list.

With Thanos on Salem's Lot. My mom never should've let me watch that one. Or Omega Man.

The thing with horror movies is that they are only really good the first time.

Previous  1  2  3  Next