Canada Kicks Ass
scariest movie of all time

1  2  3  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:37 am

Well it looks like we're going to get a few typhoon days coming up so I thought I'd download some oldies and goodies.

Just finished downloading the Exorcist, which to this day I think is the scariest movie ever made. As one commenter pointed out -

$1:
‘They captured something shooting this film that just wasn't right.’

And the Amityville Horror. I read the book when I was 10 and slept with a butcher knife and a Bible for a month. That satanic pig Jody was gonna be bacon if I caught it staring in my window.

What are some of the movies that terrified the shit out of you...not grossed out from the gore factor, but actually scared you. Shit like SAW (and it's related crap) doesn't really work for me as I've seen plenty of real gore.. Supernatural evil or mostly unseen boogums is what does it for me, like the exorcist, Hell House...the Haunting

Public_Domain @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:05 am

"The Grudge". Saw it when I was 14 or 15.

I don't like kids in my horror movies. It just bothers the hell out of me.

The jaw scenes shook me up like nothing else ever has. Most horror movies are too predictable, to the point of being hilarious (The Hills Have Eyes, The Descent), so I don't really prefer that genre of movie, but of all that I have seen "The Grudge" made me worried about dark rooms the most.

Regina @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 am

I'm not a big fan of horror movies but when I was around 11 (1970) I saw Count Yorga Vampire. Probably laugh my way through it now, but nearly shit my pants back then. Some chick eating a cat nearly made me throw up the Nibbs I was injesting.

Public_Domain @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 am

Not a movie but if you had to see it you'd agree it's terrifying...

"Little Monsters"

raydan @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:35 am

I don't remember ever seeing a movie that scared me... some have made me jump though. I went to see The Exorcist when it came out with my ex. While she was hiding behind the seat with her eyes covered, I was laughing so hard it hurt.

Gunnair @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 am

Blair Witch Project. Back woods camping has never been the same.

FieryVulpine @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 am

Kazam, you know, the movie where Shaq plays the genie? His acting is so bad, it is scary.

Knicked that one from "Scary Movie." 8)

raydan @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:27 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

I laughed at that one too, until I got bored with it.

...I got a weird sense of humour. 8O

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:38 am

raydan raydan:
I don't remember ever seeing a movie that scared me... some have made me jump though. I went to see The Exorcist when it came out with my ex. While she was hiding behind the seat with her eyes covered, I was laughing so hard it hurt.

ray, just remember most us were in primary school when that came out in the theaters and as Beetlejuice said, “I've seen the Exorcist a 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it."

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:42 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

That one really never scared me.....I just kept thinking about how that was some shit I'd pull on idiots trying to make a doc about spooks and witches.

Paranormal 1 and 2 I was thinking the people were too stupid to live and I was rooting for the entity(got some good haunting tips in case there is an afterlife). Paranormal Inactivity 3 summed it up.

raydan @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 am

So I had The Witchfinder General, Repulsion, The Haunting, Blood Feast, Night of The Living Dead, The Devil Rides Out and Rosemary's Baby. Nothing really scared me, although I do enjoy the genre, except maybe that last one, but it must be more because of the baby thing.

One from the 60s that I'd recommend (if you can find it) would be Carnival of Souls, I loved that one, but not for the scare factor.

Unsound @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 am

The Ring. maybe more creepy than scary, but as Mr. C said, there's something about kids in horrow movies.

Also, SHOWGIRLS! ;)

herbie @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 am

The Thing - 2nd version from the late 70s.

2Cdo @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 am

Jaws! 8O

The music alone kept me out of the lake for the better part of the summer!

And the lake was landlocked! Not even big pike in the water. :lol:

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 am

herbie herbie:
The Thing - 2nd version from the late 70s.

By John Carpenter. Yup.

And 'Alien', 'Aliens'. I don't go much for 'horror', Amityville was pretty much it for me, then I got bored of the genre. But Sci-Fi still has some excellent 'scary' stuff.

1  2  3  Next