Canada Kicks Ass
The End of Police Series and Movies?

1  2  Next

Scape @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Blood is in the water...

Thanos @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:42 pm

Just like how westerns and World War 2 fiction petered out over time. And that's exactly what they were, pure fiction for the most part that completely distorted in the public mind what really happened in those days. These kinds of TV and films centered around the police are exactly the same in the way they create dumb myths among the population anyway so it's probably time for that genre to finally go extinct as well. Only wish it had happened back when the bastards had three or four of those goddamn awful CSI shows on the air at the same time.

Scape @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 am

Not a big supporter of the cops shows. They had their place. I miss America's most wanted and the Sheriff with the world whitest teeth (can't remember the name of the show just now). That said there is a podcasts that exposes a great deal of the rot that is the show cops Running from COPS

I know that when it 1st came out it was well intention show but what it turned into was a rabid dog that needed to be put down. Long overdue. That said the pendulum has shifted, how far remains to be seen but I can't see any cop movies being green lit for a while.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:11 am

Thanos Thanos:
Only wish it had happened back when the bastards had three or four of those goddamn awful CSI shows on the air at the same time.

Other than 'Cops', I think the last police drama I watched was NYPD Blue.

Nothing else seemed worth my time. I saw that CSI show when it was called 'Qunicy'. ;) No need to watch it again.

llama66 @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:37 am

I watch the "First 48" and from time to time "Live PD"

xerxes @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:18 am

The only cop show I watch is The Wire (I’m on season four of five). The rest of them I just find to be played out and repetitive. If there’s a few years where there aren’t cop shows on tv, it can only be for the best.

CharlesAnthony @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:23 am

Scape Scape:
Blood is in the water...
...to pre-program the sheeple into walking straight into an anarcho-capitalist private security market of hell.

Maybe it is time to re-read the old Heinlein novels.

"Grandpa, you used to pay for police services through your taxes??? No wonder the world went broke! What were you all expecting?? "

Public_Domain @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:46 am

as someone who has watched years of ncis, csi, l&o, criminal minds, bones, forensic files, various wife vs. husband murder shows, some new cringe shit called "swat", and every fucking buddy cop movie ever... please end this, PLEASE END THIS

MAKE DIFFERENT SHOWS PLEASE

firefighters or emts or fucking isp technicians i don't care but please, please no more cop worship

watched an episode of swat yesterday where some white anarchist chick poisons a salad bar for isis. it's sooo fucking cheesy. not to mention the scene where they need to arrest some guy at an anti-capitalist riot with like 10 people running around like apes, nondescriptly yelling totally irrational evil nonsense at the poor cops as they shoot canisters of cuddly air

y'all can whine about commies wanting to cancel shit but please just let the cop shows die, there are enough of them, there is no scarcity

haven't watched cops since i was a teenager but that show was WAY past its prime, it was disgusting. it was curated by the cops and it still made them look like total psychos

Thanos @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:08 am

xerxes xerxes:
The only cop show I watch is The Wire (I’m on season four of five). The rest of them I just find to be played out and repetitive. If there’s a few years where there aren’t cop shows on tv, it can only be for the best.

The HBO cop shows like The Wire are how they should be done because they don't shy away from what afflicts the police forces - internal discipline problems, higher-up staff officers jockeying for career advancement, and non-stop interference from city/county politicians. The rest are just sheer fantasy, with less realistic stories than Star Trek.

Public_Domain @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:17 am

i have been told that the wire is indeed "good"

i like the historical stuff, like forensic files, or the fbi files, or other such "real crime" shows. hell, even unsolved mysteries is pretty cool, once you tune out the angels and aliens shit

anything is better than SWAT

Thanos @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:25 am

Maybe SWAT will one day show, in it's last episode maybe, the troops heroically kicking down a door during a marijuana bust and tossing a flashbang grenade into a baby's crib, just like happens in real life. Nah, not in the cast's contracts to get anywhere near reality. :roll:

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
or fucking isp technicians i don't care but please, please no more cop worship

"The IT Crowd" ;)

llama66 @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am

Why not the exciting daily lives of Librarians?

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:23 am

We can't handle that kind of television.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 am

Next thing you know, kids would be learning the Dewey Decimal system, then where would we be?

1  2  Next