Canada Kicks Ass
The HBO Series, Game of Thrones

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 69  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Still think that Catelyn looks way too old and haggard. According to the book she's only 33 35 years old.

Choban @ Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am

I didn't watch, glad to hear some good feedback on it though, I was hesitant due to the books being incomplete.

Unsound @ Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Still think that Catelyn looks way too old and haggard. According to the book she's only 33 35 years old.

I agree, but if this kind of stuff is the worst complaints we have, I'll be happy. Very happy with the second episode. I actually found myself wanting to slap Joffrey thru the tv screen. And Sean Bean is doing an amazing job as Eddard Stark. He's a man I would follow to the ends of the earth.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:16 am

I was hoping that Arya would have knee capped her sister. Sansa is a character you pity later, but never come to like, as she is so vapid.

Thanos @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 pm

No doubt. She sort of cemented 'dumb bitch' status for herself right there with that sickening little backstabby display in front of the King.

As it is right now I'm in full support of Daenerys for when she shows up one day with some dragons and about 100,000 Dothraki maniacs to kill off all these lousy nobles.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Jon will likely become king as he is the son of Rhaegar and Stark's sister......and if anyone hasn't figured that out by now...well....

ShepherdsDog @ Sun May 15, 2011 11:38 pm

WTF?? I don't remember the book hinting at any time that Loras and Renly were fudge packers.

Bacardi4206 @ Mon May 16, 2011 1:46 am

I've watched every episode so far and I can't get enough of it. It's just so awesome. Perhaps I shouldn't say those words because every show I deem awesome always seems to rather have a short life time. Removing all the good shows and giving a bazillion crap lost shows or w/e is still alive today (sorry to all lost fans).

First couple episodes seems to be a setup for the storyline. Storywise it's interesting but action wise it wasn't as expected. Last episode though (the current one) dipped into a lot of action so I suspect there is going be some cool action going on, as well they are dipping into deeper storyline. All in all it's shaping out to be a epic in the making. I mean Sean Beans in it, what else is there to say? I think I may have a new favorite show.

Unsound @ Mon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
WTF?? I don't remember the book hinting at any time that Loras and Renly were fudge packers.

It was implied, but barely. Not at all a big deal in the books. I don't mind that they made more of it in the show, after-all it is HBO so no doubt they're trying for the shock factor. I do think that the... uh... sound effects were unneccesary.

Thanos @ Mon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm

The scene with Nipple-Boy and his insane mom was a lot more disturbing IMO.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon May 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Theon proved that he not only is a dick, but he has one too.

xerxes @ Mon May 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Can someone who's read the books explain to me why Lady Stark takes the Imp to her crazy sister>

ShepherdsDog @ Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 am

Tyrion is a little unlucky at times. Cat figures that the Arryn fortress would be a safe place to stash Tyrion(impregnable..... but in the book it's even more so than what the show has it as being), plus there is the fact that the Lannisters(although Tyrion himself is innocent of his family's crimes) are behind Jon Arryn's death and Bran's attempted murder. Also Cat didn't know her sister was completely fucking nuts.

xerxes @ Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 am

Ah, thank you.

herbie @ Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Anyone know when season 2 returns?

Read the book after seeing the series, I'm normally adverse to that type of fiction.

You know, sci-fi where they havc death stars and fight with swords. Or in this case, 500 year old steel swords and nobody's even figured out a fucking steam engine yet.
Or Ned, imprisoned in the castle dungeon stinking of urine and the walls covered in nitre... DO NOT mix that stuff with charcoal and sulfur - Old Nan says that's dangerous. Oh yes, it is known. It is known.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 69  Next