Canada Kicks Ass
The HBO Series, Game of Thrones

Previous  1 ... 61  62  63  64  65  66  67 ... 69  Next

Thanos @ Sat May 11, 2019 11:33 pm

I'm thinking that Dany is going to attack the city but not annihilate it the way Tyrion and Varys think she's going to. There was something in that trailer for tonight's ep that made me lean towards her doing pinpoint attacks on Cersei's forces and arsenal to wipe them out first. If any civilians are caught in the blowback then it is what it is, but she won't do a full frontal mass attack where too many of the jamokes would get hurt. That's where Tyrion and Varys are wrong - Dany might be going full-Targaryen rage, but she's far from stupid or insane. Just because her dad would do something that rotten doesn't mean Dany will, at least not yet.

N_Fiddledog @ Sun May 12, 2019 12:08 am

Did you see all the Scorpion, crossbow, spear-chucking things on the city walls?

She's going to have to do some tricky dragon flying.

Then again, Drogon could take a hit.

There are 2 episodes left. Killing off the last of the dragons would stretch the story out a bit so both eps could be filled.

As far as burning the city goes. Wildfire could do that too.

Thanos @ Sun May 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I'm thinking that Dany is going to attack the city but not annihilate it the way Tyrion and Varys think she's going to. There was something in that trailer for tonight's ep that made me lean towards her doing pinpoint attacks on Cersei's forces and arsenal to wipe them out first. If any civilians are caught in the blowback then it is what it is, but she won't do a full frontal mass attack where too many of the jamokes would get hurt. That's where Tyrion and Varys are wrong - Dany might be going full-Targaryen rage, but she's far from stupid or insane. Just because her dad would do something that rotten doesn't mean Dany will, at least not yet.

Well, looks like ^ this guy was completely wrong. 8O

Maybe that end-of-everything by the ice demon would have been kinder. Ah, what the hell, armaggeddon by dragon was what I've been waiting to see along, sicko that I am. :twisted:

Tricks @ Sun May 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Time for Arya to kill Dany. She wasn't able to get Cersei, Dany is apparently the next best thing.

Thanos @ Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Ramsey Bolton was right all along - anyone who thought that there was going to be a happy ending clearly wasn't paying attention to the course of the entire series.

BRAH @ Sun May 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Dragon Barbie lost her shit!

N_Fiddledog @ Sun May 12, 2019 10:27 pm

I think Llama's spoilers hit a few, didn't they?

Not my favorite ep. But I get it. Everybody's helpless, Everything is hopeless. No such thing as victory. Heroes accomplish nothing. Script continuity is little more than an inconvenience.

It should win awards. The kind of people that give out awards like that kind of thing.

llama66 @ Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 pm

5/7. For the record. One episode to go. Dany be cray cray.

N_Fiddledog @ Sun May 12, 2019 10:56 pm

One guy's opinion:

xerxes @ Sun May 12, 2019 10:57 pm

I’ve been reading a lot on reddit and elsewhere about people complaint about the direction the show has gone, especially with the way the Battle of Winterfell played out. I largely disagreed but I I saw their points.

This episode I feel is truer to the books than the others so far this season. Danys turn into the angel of death from above feels more like the dark turn GRRM would make. It’s raw, it’s brutal, and no one wins except for the dead.

BeaverFever @ Mon May 13, 2019 4:15 am

Tricks Tricks:
Time for Arya to kill Dany. She wasn't able to get Cersei, Dany is apparently the next best thing.

I think that’s what will happen. Arya got a lot of dramatic screen time this episode despite not having much of a storyline other than surviving and escaping Dany’s attack. That’s got to be a setup for an Arya-Dany collision.

llama66 @ Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 am

Dany MUST die. What Dany did was unforgivable. Grey Worm must die. Jon Snow must ascend the melted iron throne, and become King. Not because it's what he wants, because it's what the people need.

Dany said she'll rule by fear, I guess she forgets only living things fear. Cinder sculptures do not feel fear as much.

New Kings Landing will be so cool once it's rebuilt in 100 years.

I did like Cersei's world coming down around her. The denial was wonderful. The tears at the end were delicious, I almost felt sorry for her... but then I remembered what a massive cute she's been. I felt bad for Jamie because I felt he tried to redeem himself.

The Tyrant is dead! Long live the tyrant!

BartSimpson @ Mon May 13, 2019 8:58 am

In the elevator this morning one of the ladies said she had a 'Game of Thrones weekend'.

I asked her if that meant she watched TV all weekend or did she murder her family?

:D

xerxes @ Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 am

Ha

llama66 @ Mon May 13, 2019 11:37 am

Previous  1 ... 61  62  63  64  65  66  67 ... 69  Next