Canada Kicks Ass
What TV Shows are you watching right now?

Previous  1 ... 98  99  100  101  102  103  104 ... 132  Next

Scape @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:10 pm

Well dammit, I guess I will watch Gone with the wind.

BartSimpson @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:16 pm

Scape Scape:
Well dammit, I guess I will watch Gone with the wind.

I cancelled my HBO this morning when they announced they were going to select programming that pleases the goddamned censors.

Scape @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 pm

With that reasoning you should have canceled MGM for putting out such revisionist tripe to begin with.

xerxes @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Cops, on air for 33 seasons, dropped by Paramount Network

Nnnnoooooooooooaaaaaaa!

Where will I get my comedy fix from??

Good riddance to a bad show that only went after low-hanging fruit instead of those who really deserved to end up in handcuffs:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ty-cancel/

33 years on the air and they never once showed the cops kicking in the door of a banker's office to arrest some prick in a business suit who robbed blind everyone he could anytime he could. Yeah, law "enforcement". :evil:

xerxes @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Scape Scape:
With that reasoning you should have canceled MGM for putting out such revisionist tripe to begin with.

Not to mention the movie is as long as the Civil War itself. Ain't nobody got time for that.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Watching a three-part series on Netflix called 'The Code'. It's a documentary about how mathematics is the key that unlocks our world.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:53 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Watching a three-part series on Netflix called 'The Code'. It's a documentary about how mathematics is the key that unlocks our world.

-J.

Thanos @ Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 pm

This starts on HBO on Sunday April 16. Word is that it's awesome, with the only real criticism that anyone not familiar with the original mythos might get confused by the esoteric references:

And this is upcoming soon, co-executive produced by Ridley Scott:

raydan @ Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Shark week!

raydan @ Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:11 pm

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:16 pm

^^

The first one was pretty goofy. I like how it's an homage to other series, while not taking itself too seriously.

Sunnyways @ Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Just finished Homeland on Netflix. It’s daft but watchable and more nuanced than I expected. The Carrie Mathison character did tend to bring out the chauvinist in me as she is extremely annoying at times. Carrie, do as I say and none of that scoffing noise either or electrodes will be deployed. There were also some weird accent mistakes, e.g. why would a senior person in Pakistan’s ISI sound like David Beckham? Was he recruited for his free kicks? The actor in question could easily have done a proper Pakistani accent had he been asked, given that his family are from there. Maybe they think North Americans are so clueless they won’t notice. Some of the Russkie and Arab accents were also très dodgy. And why didn’t they make ‘Moscow’ look a little more like the real city? Minor quibbles.

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:39 am

I like Homeland, mostly for the bizarre story twists. I try to suspend my disbelief for most TV shows.

When I've had a little of the electric lettuce and watch some shows, flaws like that tend to be more obvious to me. "Hey, last scene it was dark, and now it's supposed to be 30 minutes later, but it looks like it's noon out . . ".

Not as enjoyable if I look for the chinks in the armour.

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Tricks @ Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:23 pm

The show had it's ups and downs, but I am still sad to see it end, it was a fun mindless show.

Previous  1 ... 98  99  100  101  102  103  104 ... 132  Next