Canada Kicks Ass
What TV Shows are you watching right now?

Previous  1 ... 119  120  121  122  123  124  125 ... 132  Next

Tricks @ Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:32 pm

Scape Scape:
How the F%*k does he get these interviews and how did she pass the bar?

People under estimating him cause he's "just a comedian".

xerxes @ Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Scape Scape:
How the F%*k does he get these interviews and how did she pass the bar?

Likely a Federalist Society groupie and that was her ticket into the good life.

Also, this clip is a great reminder of why so many people miss Jon Stewart; he's a great interviewer.

Scape @ Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:45 pm

I hear the daily show is hiring...

Scape @ Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rt0en0 ... WL&index=2

^^ NAILED IT!!!

This was so bad it was good, once you realize this is the writers using SHE-HULK as an avatar for their own failings.

Heads need to roll at Disney for this tripe.

Thanos @ Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:27 pm

I stopped at episode four. It no longer held no interest for me.

Thanos @ Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:58 pm

Heist scenes don't get any better than the one they had on Andor. Success of sorts. Bad casualties on both sides. Internal betrayal. Empire's security bureau reacts in rage, and probably in terror for their own lives too because undoubtedly Palpatine is somewhere losing his shit over the audacity of the strike against him, like someone just shot a wasp's nest with a slingshot rock. Like, 9.5 out of 10 at the minimum.

xerxes @ Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:13 pm

Agree. Andor is the best stuff Disney has done with Star Wars outside of The Mandalorian.

Thanos @ Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:42 pm

Anything adjacent to Rogue One seems totally golden, which already proved taking the story & action away from the Skywalker/Force centric stuff can generate great results. At this point they could probably green-light series based on what Jyn Erso or Orson Krennic were doing prior to Rogue One and get the same results that Andor's delivered to them.

Now watch Kathleen Kennedy wreck it all by having a Saw Gerrera Meets The Ewoks! series helmed by the one and only JJ Abrams. So cute & cloying & merch-sales friendly & bafflingly stupid you won't even notice the three lens-flares added to every second of scene! Image

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:58 am

Scape Scape:
This was so bad it was good, once you realize this is the writers using SHE-HULK as an avatar for their own failings.

This is why I don't watch/read critics. I thought She-Hulk was properly self depricating as the comic was, along with being entertaining. Sure, I could see the obvious plot twist back in episode three, but I like they way then handled it in the end. Busting through the third wall continuously and in the finale was a fantastic way to lampoon Marvel in general and Kevin specifically.

Just because some people want to be led by the hand through a plot that has no surprises or deviations from the expected, doesn't mean it was a failure.

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:45 am

I was watching this courtroom drama, and I thought it was the season finale, but they all voted to call one more guy to the stand. He's a former real estate broker, and has been the bad guy in the show. So hopefully they will wrap the season up next show.

Tricks @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:06 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Scape Scape:

This is why I don't watch/read critics. I thought She-Hulk was properly self depricating as the comic was, along with being entertaining. Sure, I could see the obvious plot twist back in episode three, but I like they way then handled it in the end. Busting through the third wall continuously and in the finale was a fantastic way to lampoon Marvel in general and Kevin specifically.

Just because some people want to be led by the hand through a plot that has no surprises or deviations from the expected, doesn't mean it was a failure.

I think it was also straight out of the comics. I could be wrong but I feel like I remember a run where she-hulk breaks the 4th wall and yells are the comic writer/artist. She has ripped through comic book pages to crap on where the story was going in her comics. Honestly I thought it was great.

Tricks @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:08 pm

Oh and the meeting at the end parroting what morons say on twitter had me dying.

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:50 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Oh and the meeting at the end parroting what morons say on twitter had me dying.

Same. That was entirely the humour of the Comic, and what was meant to come out in the show.

Strutz @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:46 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I was watching this courtroom drama, and I thought it was the season finale, but they all voted to call one more guy to the stand. He's a former real estate broker, and has been the bad guy in the show. So hopefully they will wrap the season up next show.

Oh no, it's far from over. There might even be another season.

Scape @ Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:30 am

RIP Anne, this is a proper homage.

Previous  1 ... 119  120  121  122  123  124  125 ... 132  Next