Canada Kicks Ass
BossDog: From Ottawa to Pittsburgh

Previous  1  2

canucker @ Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:49 pm

bossdog bossdog:
canucker canucker:
bossdog bossdog:
I met my wife in Florida (who is originally from Pittsburgh) while I was working at USCENTCOM for the CF. She came back to Canada with me but the immigration process was taking much too long and the Canadian border agents were starting to ask for $1000 deposits on my wife when we were crossing back from vacations in Pitt.

I'm in that process right now with Immigration Canada. I think I've pulled out half my hair. But now I'm in that waiting game they love so much.

What I don't understand, is the $1000 deposits? What's that about?

They wanted the deposit to ensure that she would return to the US in a timely fashion. The whole thing was a real pain in the ass - deciding to go to the US has been so much more beneficial.

That's weird. I haven't heard of that. When was this? Mine's here on a visitor's visa that we have to extend every 6 months.

bossdog @ Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:18 pm

This was only last year when I was still inthe military. It's left to the descretion of the border agent. In this case, he was a 21 year old snot nosed kid that couldn't even shave before work and was prob rejected by both the police academy and corrections canada before going to customs. I was ready to jump the counter at this guy.

Previous  1  2