Canada Kicks Ass
Culture Shock--when/what was yours about?

Previous  1  2  3

kevlarman @ Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:20 am

dimoreien dimoreien:
No gravy???? SERIOUSLY??

Nope, but they'll give you WHITE gravy... :evil: which ain't the same as good ole's BROWN gravy.

My culture shock came right away and still hits me from time to time. I don't remember the first thing that got me except the lack of Shreddies, Smarties or Brown gravy. After that, it's been how I have noticed Americans act towards each other, out-of-staters, how their government treats them and such. I have had plenty of good experiances here but since I started working for the Probation Department in Houston I've just noticed a complete lack of civility all these past years here. No respect for life whatsoever. They'd shoot you in an instant and not bat an eye for the most part. Oh, but they'd stop you from having an abortion or doing stem cell research because that's not what GOD wants..... :roll:

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:34 am

culture shock.....hmmm I've lived in some of the best(Taiwan) and the worst(Somalia and a Canadian fly in Indian Reservation) the third world offers. to me the unavailability of potable water(unless you buy an expensive filtration system). you can wash with it but don't let any get in your mouth.

Brenda @ Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 am

4 posts, 4 necro's :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:39 am

sometimes certainthreads are fun to resurrect. lazurus come forth!!

Brenda @ Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 am

ROTFL

Previous  1  2  3