Canada Kicks Ass
Things you miss (for Canadians abroad)

Previous  1  2  3  4  5

KyleEverett @ Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Okay, here's my list, oddly its mostly food, maybe that's why I was so big...

Sour Cream and Bacon Chips(Gods why can't it be in America)
Dill Pickle Chips(They tried them but I think it was a failure, pity)
All Dressing Chips
Poutine Fry Stands
Cheese Curds
Aero Bars
Coffee Crisp
Colourful Money
Bilingual Products(I'm a langauage lover so it always was interesting to see this, granted that is rapidly changing in America, most things come in either English/Spanish, or English/French, was cool seeing a product with packaging in English, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi, and Vietnamese.)

Newfy @ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 am

Where to start? I've been in the UK for 11 years now and have only been back home once in 2000 if you don't count the time our flight stopped over in Montreal for fuel on the way to Arizona. We were allowed off for a few minutes on to the tarmac. It was February, and how I laughed as everyone shivered.

The thing I miss the most is probably the lifestyle. Going out to the cabin whether summer or winter by the lake, open fire, good company. I've never experienced anything like it over here.

Also:

Hockey
Football
Tim Hortons (How I loved Kandahar, for the Ice Caps and Doughnuts anyway)
Persians
Perogies
Proper Pancakes and Maple Syrup
Canadian Bacon
Real snow
Ski-doos
Canada Day
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Root Beer
Mountain Dew
Gatorade
I'm sure there's more I can't think of

Benn @ Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 am

Newfy Newfy:
Where to start? I've been in the UK for 11 years now and have only been back home once in 2000 if you don't count the time our flight stopped over in Montreal for fuel on the way to Arizona. We were allowed off for a few minutes on to the tarmac. It was February, and how I laughed as everyone shivered.

The thing I miss the most is probably the lifestyle. Going out to the cabin whether summer or winter by the lake, open fire, good company. I've never experienced anything like it over here.

Also:

Hockey
Football
Tim Hortons (How I loved Kandahar, for the Ice Caps and Doughnuts anyway)
Persians
Perogies
Proper Pancakes and Maple Syrup
Canadian Bacon
Real snow
Ski-doos
Canada Day
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Root Beer
Mountain Dew
Gatorade
I'm sure there's more I can't think of

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups! Yeah my wife missed those when we were living in Berlin. A client she helped once asked here the same question this forum is asking. Two weeks later she got a case of them in the mail.

Tim Hortons - Unofficially when the new Canadian Embassy was built in Berlin a few years ago there was shop space below and I heard Timmies was asked if they wanted to open there. Second hand info tells me they liked the idea but were far from ready to star up overseas so said no. Instead a Mexican restaurant opened up :p

Brenda @ Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 am

There is a Starbucks across the street from the Canadian Embassy in Berlin :lol:

Newfy @ Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 am

I know of a Canadian shop in London but I don't live in London and it's quite expensive.

Benn @ Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Brenda Brenda:
There is a Starbucks across the street from the Canadian Embassy in Berlin :lol:

Yuppers! And one a few blocks into Potsdamer Platz. Tourist area, which is where I think they make their most money since IMO their coffee is less than average next to most coffee you can get in Berlin or Germany, or many places in Europe whereas back home here its considered above average.

I never missed Tim's coffee, it's no better than alright (ducks and covers) but I missed their doughnuts. Only "doughnuts" in Berlin were Dunken Donuts (Right around the corner from that Statebucks ;) )) and their doughnuts just are not the same.

Something else we always stocked up on in Germany and Brazil was Clamato Juice. We baptized many a foreigner into The Ceaser! [B-o]

KorbenDeck @ Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Hardy Hardy:
common sense

Doesn't exist in Canada

Toro @ Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:29 pm

I found ketchup chips in America!

WOOT!

Regina @ Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:07 pm

:lol: :lol:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5