Canada Kicks Ass
Whites need only apply

Previous  1  2

Gunnair @ Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:58 am

andyt andyt:
Brenda Brenda:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
We have much the same thing here. Interestingly, a recent study found that the most discriminatory segment of our population is...blacks.

I am NOT surprised.

I get very annoyed with women who yell "Thick, black and beautiful" but call me racist when I yell "Thin, white and gorgeous"

Get a lot of women yelling thick black and beautiful where you live, do you? I've never heard it once, living in the big smoke.

Every ethnicity/race/country etc is biased towards itself. BC is the best place on earth, as we know. The only difference is that many white people have allowed themselves to buy into white guilt. Because we seem to be the only group that's actually admitted that some of what we've done (and continue to do) wasn't very nice, and we want to try to do better.

And in Canada that's furthered by people playing the race card at every opportunity.

R=UP Repworthy.

Brenda @ Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 am

andyt andyt:
Brenda Brenda:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
We have much the same thing here. Interestingly, a recent study found that the most discriminatory segment of our population is...blacks.

I am NOT surprised.

I get very annoyed with women who yell "Thick, black and beautiful" but call me racist when I yell "Thin, white and gorgeous"

Get a lot of women yelling thick black and beautiful where you live, do you? I've never heard it once, living in the big smoke.

Every ethnicity/race/country etc is biased towards itself. BC is the best place on earth, as we know. The only difference is that many white people have allowed themselves to buy into white guilt. Because we seem to be the only group that's actually admitted that some of what we've done (and continue to do) wasn't very nice, and we want to try to do better.

And in Canada that's furthered by people playing the race card at every opportunity.

Lack of comprehension again, don't you Andy?
I was commenting on BART's post. BART is in the US. What does "where I live" (now) have to do with anything?

andyt @ Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 am

Brenda Brenda:
andyt andyt:
Lack of comprehension again, don't you Andy?
I was commenting on BART's post. BART is in the US. What does "where I live" (now) have to do with anything?

Well, you wrote it in the present tense:
Brenda Brenda:
Now, maybe you go across to the US a lot and that's where you hear women yelling it. But I've lived in and visited the US, and have never heard women yelling it, so I don't know.

Maybe you hear it on TV, and you're yelling back at the TV? But that would mean the TV is talking back at you - not a good sign.

(you understand this is meant to be in fun, right? I get the spirit of what you're saying, but the specifics just sound a little off.) Maybe a better example would be black groups within organizations such as the police or congress - imagine the uproar if there were white counter parts. In Canada we could substitute First Nations for black for the same situation.

Brenda @ Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 am

:roll:

CanadianJeff @ Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
If the Taiwanese want to hold such opinions then the rules of tolerance, diversity, and multiculturalism dictate that we're supposed to accept their views as equally valid to our own.

:P

Actually it just serves as a means to remind people to be civil in discussion. I always hold the view that no idea is above scrutiny or retort.

Talking about whom is being racist to whom isn't doing a hell of a lot to speak out against why racism in any form leads to social illness for all. That's partly why I think comments like "Black people tend to hire more Black people" not only fails to address any issue at all but has about as much importance to solving the topic as a ball of fluff.

All racism is equally bad racism IMHO.

Previous  1  2