NDP's dramatic rise in polls continues

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Bruce_the_vii @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Peace, Order and Least Worst Government - LOL

Proculation @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Curtman Curtman:
My friend Lisa just posted this today:

$1:
My first time voting NDP in a federal election. Sorry Harper I gave you a chance ( a few actually )

Harper isn't even a 'conservative' he has his own agenda. I am learning more about Layton and I like him I will give him a chance. And for the record I've never been on welfare and own 2 business, married , 3 kids and have voted conservative in the past.

This is someone who I've spent 2 decades arguing with about voting Conservative. Go Jack.

How the hell can you switch from the Conservative to the NDP ?? 8O
I heard that a lot too in Quebec. About 10% of people voting NDP had voted Conservative in 2008.

It tells you how little people care/know about politics.

Lemmy @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Proculation Proculation:
I heard that a lot too in Quebec. About 10% of people voting NDP had voted Conservative in 2008.

Since the Conservatives are now to the left of the Liberals, I don't see a "switch" from Conservative to NDP being as surprising as it may have been 20 years ago. Or maybe people are just beginning to realize how silly the notion of "left" and "right" really is.

Curtman @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Proculation Proculation:

Vote Harper Out, hope for a coalition. Its very simple.

Proculation @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Proculation Proculation:

Since the Conservatives are now to the left of the Liberals, I don't see a "switch" from Conservative to NDP being as surprising as it may have been 20 years ago. Or maybe people are just beginning to realize how silly the notion of "left" and "right" really is.

I agree with you. It IS silly.
It should be "more state/interventionism" vs. "less state/individualism". That would maybe more understandable for the common Canadian.

Public_Domain @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Proculation Proculation:
Lemmy Lemmy:
Proculation Proculation:

I agree with you. It IS silly.
It should be "more state/interventionism" vs. "less state/individualism". That would maybe more understandable for the common Canadian.

Just 1 line? Going 'more simple' isn't the way to deal with politics. Unless you are purposely trying to misrepresent politics to people, which is pretty much always the case when these 'Authoritarian to Anarchy' scales are suggested.

There should probably be 3 axis in order to properly layout the political landscape.

1 line made by conservatives that lumps fascists and communists together? no thanks, I liek accuracy and logic.

Proculation @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:33 pm

That's what I said the common Canadian. It's not "more simple", it's just using more common words instead of "right/left". I've heard bloquists calling Harper "extreme-right" some other calling Layton a "left-wing communist".

Saying "more state" and "less state" is quite easy and accurate for most people.

OnTheIce @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:34 pm

[quote="Mr_Canada"

Peace, Order, and Least Worst Government.[/quote]

Peace, Order and Financial Disaster.

Vote NDP. [B-o]

Public_Domain @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Proculation Proculation:
That's what I said the common Canadian. It's not "more simple", it's just using more common words instead of "right/left". I've heard bloquists calling Harper "extreme-right" some other calling Layton a "left-wing communist".

Saying "more state" and "less state" is quite easy and accurate for most people.

I don't think the "common Canadian" is an idiot. I would never recommend this scale to anyone I would want to vote.

It's accurate only between conservatives and liberals in how much they pull the strings of the capitalist market. I don't think a scale that only fits these groups should be used when politics is very expansive.

Proculation @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Proculation Proculation:

I don't think the "common Canadian" is an idiot. I would never recommend this scale to anyone I would want to vote.

It's accurate only between conservatives and liberals in how much they pull the strings of the capitalist market. I don't think a scale that only fits these groups should be used when politics is very expansive.

Until we live in a communist world (we are in 2011 buddy), using a capitalism-based scale is quite straight-forward.

Public_Domain @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Why? We use scales NOW that don't exclude the other politics! Why would we start using one that actually gives LESS information?

It's not making it 'easier' to understand, it's complete misinformation.

Proculation @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Why? We use scales NOW that don't exclude the other politics! Why would we start using one that actually gives LESS information?

You wanna write an essay on the politics of Revolutionary France in the 19th century ? Go for it if you want, I won't stop you.

Public_Domain @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Proculation Proculation:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

You wanna write an essay on the politics of Revolutionary France in the 19th century ? Go for it if you want, I won't stop you.

Politics and it's underlying purposes aren't properly represented by the simple-minded notion of "More State Control" and "Less State Control". The scales that we use now and people have tried to improve for years do try to address the underlying purposes of most politics.

Presenting the 'Anarchy to Authoritarian' scale as a 'Political scale' is disingenuous if you seek to exclude all politics other than capitalist politics.

Call it a 'scale of capitalism' if that's all it covers.

Gunnair @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:01 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
The question is: would the Liberals even want to be a junior partner in an NDP-led coalition? Knowing their arrogant and entitled attitude, I'm skeptical they would but if they were desperate enough for even a scrap of power... then it is a distinct possibility.

I'm even more skeptical that Jack actually cares. He's doing it for himself like any self-respecting politician. Any claim otherwise is a damn lie or delusional.

Self Respecting Politician? That would be like finding a virgin in a whore house.

Uhhh... that's where the virgins usually go...

Proculation @ Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
GreenTiger GreenTiger:
FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
The question is: would the Liberals even want to be a junior partner in an NDP-led coalition? Knowing their arrogant and entitled attitude, I'm skeptical they would but if they were desperate enough for even a scrap of power... then it is a distinct possibility.

I'm even more skeptical that Jack actually cares. He's doing it for himself like any self-respecting politician. Any claim otherwise is a damn lie or delusional.

Self Respecting Politician? That would be like finding a virgin in a whore house.

Uhhh... that's where the virgins usually go...

Where did you think they were ? In college sororities ?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next