Canada Kicks Ass
Nino Ricci: An Open Letter to Stephen Harper

Previous  1  2  3

jeff744 @ Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

martin14 martin14:
jeff744 jeff744:

What was in the papers and books? At random I can open a wikipedia article and learn how diamonds are graded.

Wow, guess what, jeffie poo, I could have done the same.

It's called a LIBRARY.

And I even got the exercise from going, unlike so many of your contemporaries
who are too busy eating Cheetos to pry their fat asses away from the computer.

If kids today are so smart, why are they so fat, and why are standards being lowered at schools every year?

You certainly have the information that Mcdonalds isnt healthy, yet so many of
many of you keep grazing on it.

$1:
Access to information does make you smarter.

So 99% of the people in Africa are more stupid than you, is that it ?

And to do that you would have to go to the library, find the reference desks, and look for anything that might be related. How often did you do that one a random whim? Obesity starts with the parents, little kids are being declared obese because their parents are too damned lazy to cook a healthy meal. Hell, in my university it it rare to see obese people at all, I have seen a select few in a sample size of thousands.

OnTheIce @ Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 am

jeff744 jeff744:
martin14 martin14:
jeff744 jeff744:

What was in the papers and books? At random I can open a wikipedia article and learn how diamonds are graded.

Wow, guess what, jeffie poo, I could have done the same.

It's called a LIBRARY.

And I even got the exercise from going, unlike so many of your contemporaries
who are too busy eating Cheetos to pry their fat asses away from the computer.

If kids today are so smart, why are they so fat, and why are standards being lowered at schools every year?

You certainly have the information that Mcdonalds isnt healthy, yet so many of
many of you keep grazing on it.

$1:
Access to information does make you smarter.

So 99% of the people in Africa are more stupid than you, is that it ?

And to do that you would have to go to the library, find the reference desks, and look for anything that might be related. How often did you do that one a random whim? Obesity starts with the parents, little kids are being declared obese because their parents are too damned lazy to cook a healthy meal. Hell, in my university it it rare to see obese people at all, I have seen a select few in a sample size of thousands.

Jeff, being a younger guy myself, I have to disagree with you.

Just because you have access to information faster, doesn't make you any smarter. And even though I grew up during the infancy of the Internet, I still went to the library quite often, especially at school.

I think it's helped speed up the way we get information and the accuracy of that info, but I don't think it's making current students any smarter than previous generations.

raydan @ Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Intelligence is NOT knowing a bunch of stuff, it's knowing where and what to look for when you need it, and knowing what to do with it.

Previous  1  2  3