Canada Kicks Ass
Rebel Media Video: Man in niqab votes in Canadian election!

1  2  3  4  Next

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:26 am

Self explanatory. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

andyt @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:34 am

Unbelievable. What's the point of demanding picture ID?

$1:
Elections Canada said it hasn't had any complaints about the policy since 2007 and, if lawmakers didn't like it, they could have made changes when the Canada Elections Act was amended last year.

"The CEO issued his instruction regarding electors voting with a face covering in an effort to ensure that the balance between integrity and accessibility is maintained in this rare circumstance," Elections Canada said in a statement Wednesday.

"These rules were tacitly endorsed by Parliamentarians who chose not to legislate on the matter in the 2014 electoral reform bill."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/59502 ... le-voting/

Guess Harper saw no gain in playing politics of fear in 2014. Maybe he was hoping the bobbleheads he's riling up now wouldn't remember that little tidbit.

2Cdo @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 am

andyt andyt:

Guess Harper saw no gain in playing politics of fear in 2014. Maybe he was hoping the bobbleheads he's riling up now wouldn't remember that little tidbit.

Look, andy has a new word that he'll insert in every post about Conservatives. [laughat]

andyt @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:01 am

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am

andyt andyt:
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/59502 ... le-voting/

And the Progressive media jumps right on board with damage control do they?

That's good. I like that. Shows they're paying attention. Canadians are allowed to see stuff now that contradicts the media party narrative and they don't like it. Looks good on em.

BRAH @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:39 am

So Ninja's can vote, cool!

BeaverFever @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:55 am

Well, generally it's considered a moot point because:

1) There's no law requiring photo ID to vote anyway so requiring someone to show their face doesn't mean much if you don't have a photo to compare with the face.

2) People can vote by mail if they choose, so why would some fraudsters go through all the trouble and risk of wearing a disguise if they wanted to vote using someone else's identity? They could just mail in their ballot

3) The whole thing is pointless: How many thousands of niqab-wearing fraudsters would it take to affect the ballot results in just one riding? How many millions of niqab wearers would have to be lined up at the polls to actually decide the governing party? Keep in mind, this whole scam fantasy of yours only works if the fraudsters in niqabs are somehow systematically stealing the identities of eligible voters (most of whom presumably don't have Muslim names) and also that all those millions of eligible voters are unaware that someone else is at the polls voting for them. Doesn't sound like a viable scam.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:26 pm

It's only moot if you don't know what the point is.

The point is an enemy ideology was able to force it's will within Canada. It is challenging Canadian authority and acceptance of what's reasonable. And it's winning.

So who's running the show then? And how else are they able to enforce their will upon Canadian law? When does this incremental take-over of Canadian authority become a problem?

OnTheIce @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:33 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

3) The whole thing is pointless: How many thousands of niqab-wearing fraudsters would it take to affect the ballot results in just one riding? How many millions of niqab wearers would have to be lined up at the polls to actually decide the governing party? Keep in mind, this whole scam fantasy of yours only works if the fraudsters in niqabs are somehow systematically stealing the identities of eligible voters (most of whom presumably don't have Muslim names) and also that all those millions of eligible voters are unaware that someone else is at the polls voting for them. Doesn't sound like a viable scam.

You would be SHOCKED how many people try to scam on voting day.

Being a former scrutineer with a very good memory, I've seen people come back to polling stations at different times of the day and even go to other polling stations and try to vote multiple times...and that's just people without anything covering their face. This would be a much easier way to scam the system even further.

herbie @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:44 pm

And I've scrutineered half a dozen occassions and seen none of what you describe. Closest thing was making sure the son/daughter of an older person didn't actually go behind the screen and influence or mark the ballot for them.

$1:
The point is an enemy ideology was able to force it's will within Canada

What a completely fucked statement from a diseased mind. Conservatism must be a barely tolerable pinko philosophy to you!

OnTheIce @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:51 pm

herbie herbie:
And I've scrutineered half a dozen occassions and seen none of what you describe. Closest thing was making sure the son/daughter of an older person didn't actually go behind the screen and influence or mark the ballot for them.

$1:

What a completely fucked statement from a diseased mind. Conservatism must be a barely tolerable pinko philosophy to you!

In 1 riding in midtown Toronto, we turned away close 17 people in 2011. 21 in another.

When I went to another polling station to take over for another volunteer, I saw 2 or 3 people that I saw at the other polling station trying to vote again. Claiming they "didn't know where to vote".

Some of these ridings are won by very few votes. This type of nonsense can change election outcomes.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:11 pm

herbie herbie:

$1:

What a completely fucked statement from a diseased mind.

Ignorance isn't a qualification for name-calling no matter how much the ignorant seem to think it is.

I'm right. You're wrong. Sharia is an enemy ideology to Western society. As is Jihadism of the sword, Hijra, and taqiyya fueled fifth columnists. In fact political Islam as was preached in Medina and authorized by abrogation of the spiritual Islam of Mecca is an enemy ideology to the values of the West.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Even Mulcair suggests the Niqab is oppressive and appears to say it is a tool of oppression Muslim men use against Muslim women.

romanP @ Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 am

Public_Domain @ Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:24 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
herbie herbie:

$1:

What a completely fucked statement from a diseased mind.

Ignorance isn't a qualification for name-calling no matter how much the ignorant seem to think it is.

I'm right. You're wrong. Sharia is an enemy ideology to Western society. As is Jihadism of the sword, Hijra, and taqiyya fueled fifth columnists. In fact political Islam as was preached in Medina and authorized by abrogation of the spiritual Islam of Mecca is an enemy ideology to the values of the West.

Yes... The prog values of the West.

Why aren't you on their side?

1  2  3  4  Next