Canada Kicks Ass
The Justin Trudeau Brand

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next

BeaverFever @ Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:48 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
You forgot to give us this bit beave:

$1:
Gary Cohn was in some ways an unlikely choice for Donald Trump's White House. He is a Democratic Wall Street veteran serving a Republican president who cast himself as the champion of "forgotten people" battered by economic change.

But Cohn, 57, jumped at the chance to leave a top job at Goldman Sachs and become director of the National Economic Council at the White House.

But what the Hell, I'll forgive him for being a Democrat. Whatever him and Trump have been cooking up it seems to be working. The American economy just keeps on improving and not just for the rich.

It kept improving under Obama too

Mowich @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Jane Philpott resigns from cabinet, citing 'lost confidence' in how government dealt with SNC-Lavalin

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/philpo ... -1.5042411

And another's gone
Another's one gone
Another bites the dust. :lol:

llama66 @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:04 pm

This is becoming a pretty good scandal. It's too bad the GG can't just jettison Trudeau for his many egregious affronts to Canadian Democracy.

Mowich @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:29 pm

llama66 llama66:
This is becoming a pretty good scandal. It's too bad the GG can't just jettison Trudeau for his many egregious affronts to Canadian Democracy.

Sorry, llama but I have to disagree. I want to see the little potato have to wear this and the other coming defections - and I just bet there will be more - all the way to the election.

BeaverFever @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:01 pm

llama66 llama66:

That’s the funny thing about democracy. You can’t just “jettison” someone. Also nowhere has any “eggregious affront to democracy” been established

PluggyRug @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
You can’t just “jettison” someone. Also nowhere has any “eggregious affront to democracy” been established

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:30 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
You can’t just “jettison” someone. Also nowhere has any “eggregious affront to democracy” been established

Neither the Queen nor the GG can dismiss a Prime Minister.

https://www.quora.com/Could-Queen-Eliza ... -wanted-to

Beave is quite correct.

(The GG in Australia can however)

llama66 @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 am

I had no idea. Jesus. We're fucked.

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 am

llama66 llama66:
I had no idea. Jesus. We're fucked.

The GG also doesn't have to sign any bill passed by Parliament. So there is that.

llama66 @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
llama66 llama66:

That’s the funny thing about democracy. You can’t just “jettison” someone. Also nowhere has any “eggregious affront to democracy” been established

So, attempting to subvert or undermine democratic institutions like the judiciary is not an egregious affront? Any attempted attack by Government Official whom WE elected to UPHOLD these traditions and institutions is egregious affront.

He attacked and undermined the Judiciary when Mr. Stanley was found not guilty in the Bushie case, and now he and his cronies attempt to pressure the Justice Minister into dropping a criminal investigation into SNC-Lavalin.

PluggyRug @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Neither the Queen nor the GG can dismiss a Prime Minister.

https://www.quora.com/Could-Queen-Eliza ... -wanted-to

Beave is quite correct.

(The GG in Australia can however)

I was talking about “eggregious affront to democracy”

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

That hasn't happened either. Trudeau tried to influence the Director of Public Prosecutions, but failed. Democracy is intact.

PluggyRug @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:03 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

That hasn't happened either. Trudeau tried to influence the Director of Public Prosecutions, but failed. Democracy is intact.

Semantics. Trying to influence is an affront.

llama66 @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:03 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

I think everyone is quoting me. I think what Trudeau is doing is an affront.

BartSimpson @ Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:05 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
llama66 llama66:

But the USA should impeach Donald Trump for no other reason than that a bunch of pantywaisted snowflakes don't like him.

Uh-huh. :roll:

See, when people like yourself started demanding that Trump resign, be impeached, or even assassinated for being a big meanie then you also set the stage for YOUR leaders to be ousted for frivolous reasons.

You've sown the wind and now you get to reap the whirlwind. [B-o]

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next