Canada Kicks Ass
Who are you voting for and why?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

HyperionTheEvil @ Sun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm going to vote for the person who is most likely to keep the CPC from the seat.

The CPC is a party that is dangerous to Canadian values of tolerance. The old PC's were more less harmless but the CPC of today is carbon copy of the Republican party from the U.S with all their agenda, just better hidden.

I have no worries about the economy, the idea that only the CPC knows how to keep a budget is factually false.

commanderkai @ Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Voted CPC, even though my riding will PROBABLY go for the NDP. Windsor West is a dump, and it'll be more likely to get more attention with a CPC member, compared to an NDP one.

bootlegga @ Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 am

Even though none of the non-CPC candidates really have a chance in my riding (due to some gerry-manderinging the early 2000s which broke up Edmonton North into two ridings), I'll be voting Liberal.

One of the biggest reasons for this was the recent (January) refusal of the Conservatives to support Edmonton's 2017 World's Fair bid. Other reasons include Harper's willingness to add to our deficit with (IMHO) unnecessery corporate tax breaks and a number of other promises he has gone back on (floor crossing & accountability for example).

ShepherdsDog @ Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 am

really?? You're the first minnow that I know of who is voting LPC rather than CPC. seriously

raydan @ Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 am

Waited a whole 2 minutes in line to vote. :D

andyt @ Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 am

raydan raydan:
Waited a whole 2 minutes in line to vote. :D

No waiting here.

bootlegga @ Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
really?? You're the first minnow that I know of who is voting LPC rather than CPC. seriously

Yeah really.

If the old PCs were still around, I probably have voted for them (I think Red Tory is closest to my political views), but from my POV, the current party is too far right for my liking.

I was also really pissed off by the cavalier attitude most of the CPC candidates have here in Alberta - just assuming that everyone will vote for them and phoning in their campaigns.

Maybe the CPC will get my vote in the future when Harper is gone, but as long as he's running things, I'll never vote CPC. After the past five years in office, I see Harper in the same light most conservatives see Trudeau.

andyt @ Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

If the old PCs were still around, I probably have voted for them (I think Red Tory is closest to my political views),

Bob Stanfield for PM. I said it then, I say it now.

DrCaleb @ Mon May 02, 2011 9:03 am

In my riding, the incumbent is Rona Ambrose. Useless. I refuse to vote for that.

I've not seen a single sign for the NDP or Green candidate. I had to look them up online and I'm not impressed. They look 'hollow'.

The Liberal candidate has lots of signs, actually knocked on my door. He's a member of the board for the Humane Society and has done work for the Breast Cancer foundation. Puppies and Boobies! What's not to like? But I swore I would never vote Liberal in my life. So, I'm torn and still not decided. I may have to suck it up, or spoil my ballot.

Hawkes @ Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

I will be voting for the Liberal in my riding.

First of all, the Conservative incumbent refused to attend the all candidates meeting. That's a big thing for me. It's one thing to read about your biography and your party's platform but I like to listen to the candidates themselves talking. Would you hire anyone based on just their resume?

Secondly, there is an issue surrounding a dump being brought into the region. The Liberal came out to oppose the dump and the Conservative came out to attack the Liberal's position. What? He kept telling us, in a letter that was mailed out to everyone, how everyone knows he stands up for his area but wouldn't say if he opposed the dump or not, or if he would help us in our fight. His attack against the Liberal was that she wouldn't have any authority to do anything. While that might be true, it would be helpful to know what he would do instead of just attacking her.

Thirdly, as some have stated already, I consider the CPC to be too far right for me. I miss the PC party and their right wing policies. If Harper ends up forming another minority government, I'm hoping that he ends up stepping down and a more progressive leader takes over.

Wolfden @ Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 am

Good grief.

Reasons are clear - Harper Majority..............................

Hopefully people know who they are going to vote for and not join the NDP band wagon..... We do not need a split, because if the Cons do not get a majority we would not know which of the two clowns would actually be the Prime Minister. Hummm, Liberal hummmmm NDP hummmmmmmmmm - flip a coin.....

Bouboumaster @ Mon May 02, 2011 11:54 am

I voted, and I voted for NPD.

saturn_656 @ Mon May 02, 2011 11:57 am

martin14 martin14:
raydan raydan:
Before clicking on this link, be warned that the content is extremely partisan. Not that it's for any party, just that it's very anti-Harper/Conservatives.

It's a list of the Key Contests, those where the races are close, but I'not guaranteeing the validity of the numbers.

I post it because you may find some interesting information on the site.

http://www.projectdemocracy.ca/key_contests

Nice maps, can move from riding to see whats happening in different parts of the country.

Too bad the name, 'project democracy', is such a complete bald faced lie.

"Project Democracy" couldn't find a "viable" candidate to support to avoid a Tory win in my riding.

http://www.projectdemocracy.ca/kenora

$1:
We are not making a pick for now and will be looking for any/all means to decipher whether a viable call is possible over the next few days to avoid a Tory win.

Off to the polls! :D

martin14 @ Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Go get 'em Saturn :lol: [B-o]

saturn_656 @ Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 pm

+1 for the CPC. :wink:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next