Canada Kicks Ass
Why am I seeing Election Results already

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

smorgdonkey @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:17 pm

I was kinda hoping for a finish like the end of the Mulroney era for Harper's crew.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:21 pm

It looks like it's official. The peasants have given the keys of the kingdom to the court jester. :roll:

Now, let's see how he's gonna pay for that 145 Billion in promises he made during the campaign because, I'd hate to have to start calling him a liar his first day on the job. ROTFL

andyt @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:24 pm

smorgdonkey smorgdonkey:
I was kinda hoping for a finish like the end of the Mulroney era for Harper's crew.

Actually that held the seeds to the destruction of the old Liberal party, IMO. He's got a decent majority, but not so much he can really have delusions of grandeur. (I hope). I hope he proves himself as adept at governing as he's proven himself so far. And he'd better keep his promise on C-51.

Thanos @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Ten bucks says that Harper hanging out with the Ford brothers was what sank him in Toronto. Despite what the SUN says I bet even suburbanites down there are as sick of those two clowns as the hipster doofuses in downtown TO are.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:30 pm

andyt andyt:
smorgdonkey smorgdonkey:

And he'd better keep his promise on C-51.

Or you'll do what? Vote Conservative? I'll bet you guys are still waiting for Chretien to eliminate the GST to. ROTFL

romanP @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:31 pm

no matter who could have ended up winning, this is my election night theme music.

herbie @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 pm

That's what happens when you actually are left and parrot the economic policy of the right.
Strategic voting worked against the NDP. It looked really bad until BC clicked in a few MPs.
Still, Harper got 100 seats more than they deserved.

Public_Domain @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 pm

I'm hoping that Trudeau comes out like Farva screaming "Justin's number one! Justin's number one!"

romanP @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:13 pm

herbie herbie:
That's what happens when you actually are left and parrot the economic policy of the right.

or were never really "left" to begin with. :idea:

xerxes @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Ten bucks says that Harper hanging out with the Ford brothers was what sank him in Toronto. Despite what the SUN says I bet even suburbanites down there are as sick of those two clowns as the hipster doofuses in downtown TO are.

It certainly didn't help. The Tories lost both the Etobicoke ridings.

romanP @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:23 pm

12106826_10153537052740339_2336607660635171231_n.jpg
12106826_10153537052740339_2336607660635171231_n.jpg [ 23.08 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]

bootlegga @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:47 pm

martin14 martin14:
6 of 7 Newfie, all 4 PEI and almost all NS ridings have declared winners, all Libs.

In several of those ridings, it was because people like MacKay jumped/abandoned ship earlier this year and made it impossible to find quality candidates to replace them.

bootlegga @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:49 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
DanSC DanSC:
The child of a former head of government? Good luck with that, eh.

It worked so well with George W.

Apparently it worked so well that another of his kids is trying to do the exact same thing.

bootlegga @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:51 pm

DanSC DanSC:
Public_Domain Public_Domain:
this is freaking scary

Is Liberal still an insult in leftest circles? You might get a lot of use out of that slur in the coming years.

It's only slur if you choose to let your opposition make it one - same goes for conservative. People need to stop worrying about labels and start worrying about the country.

As JT said in his speech tonight, conservatives are not the enemy, they are our neigbours and we all need to work together.

martin14 @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Good to see the Dippers returned back to their traditional place as the metaphorical piece of newsprint that's used to line the bottom of a bird cage.

The only good news on an otherwise bad night.

andyt andyt:
And he'd better keep his promise on C-51.

:lol: So shall we set a date for when you will be officially pissed off, because
he's not going to change anything.

P.S., he will sign TPP as is, too. :lol:

bootlegga bootlegga:
In several of those ridings, it was because people like MacKay jumped/abandoned ship earlier this year and made it impossible to find quality candidates to replace them.

Some of this, and some of the other.

Valcourt, cabinet minister, lost. Finished third.
Fisheries Minister in PEI lost.
Saint John elects a Liberal, and hell just froze over. :lol:

Somehow, the Liberals managed to get almost all the anti Harper votes.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next